Dukes of Stronghold GIF Contest: OFFICIAL SUBMISSIONS ONLY

Don’t reply to this thread until you have read this thread:
Dukes of Stronghold GIF Contest: Discussion Thread

Please use THIS DISCUSSION thread to talk about the contest details and such and use the OFFICIAL SUBMISSION ONLY thread for, you know, OFFICIAL SUBMISSIONS (I mean THIS THREAD – just hit Post Reply below). Use the POLLS (links to come when I have set up actual polls to vote on) to discuss the merits of the various submissions (or start a new thread on that topic – it’s a free ChiefDelphi.com after all).

Dr. Joe J.

2016scmb_qm28_5063_cj3958

From the same match as the triple tortuga

2016scmb_qm58_5063_cj3958.gif

2016scmb_qm58_5063_cj3958.gif

Team 1266 doing the Dukes of Stronghold autonomously during the eliminations at San Diego.

2016casd_sf2m1_1266_Joe_Ross.gif

2016casd_sf2m1_1266_Joe_Ross.gif

Not a gif but…
Team 4557 over the moat at Waterbury district event

Not a GIF but they posted a really nice shot of our robot at Greater Toronto Central on the FIRST Canada Facebook page.

This would have been in quarterfinals.

I accidentally posted this to the wrong thread, but this is team 5031 at Greater Toronto East, during match 51.

Greater Toronto East Match 51 Team 5031

I don’t know if this would qualify for the contest, I just like watching this robot.
Waterbury Qualification 25, 2785 gets blind-sided

Oh Man! I just can’t watch that video too often. I am sorry 2785 but it just kills me every time.

As to Dukes of Stronghold, I am going to give it the thumbs down. Might be an honorary Triple Turtle (together with its two partners), but not Dukes… …at least not in my book.

Dr. Joe J.

first PNW entry

2016orwil_qm47_3673_miklast.gif

2016orwil_qm47_3673_miklast.gif

GTRE practice matches, this happened :eek:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I… Wait, what?? :eek:

Well… uh… yikes!

Not 100% sure if this counts but amusing none the less.

My opinion (worthless, of course): That should count…

My opinion (worthless, of course): That should count…[/quote]

I’ll allow it.

Let’s throw it in the mix and see where the voting shakes out (yeah, we get to vote this week. Yay!).

Dr. Joe J.

We were in Queue, and had an almost front row seat for this. It was absolutely hilarious! I’m glad it was caught on video. :smiley:

Dukes of Rack 'n Roll winner - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjHMb55EXmY

Wasn’t he shooting at the wrong tower?

I already submitted one for last week, but this is even better. In autonomous, 5089 does a wheelie to get started on the rock wall, and then used it to propel them to new heights. Even better, they come to a stop shortly after landing, proving you don’t have to crash into the wall if you catch air and your encoders lose counts.

2016malb_sf2m1_5089_Joe_Ross.gif

2016malb_sf2m1_5089_Joe_Ross.gif

This is from the first Kettering competition in Michigan. No clue what was happening but it went on and on.
http://makeagif.com/i/fytU8U

https://youtu.be/Ku6r2_Fbdbg