Dynamic Memory

Hello,
is it possible to allocate dynamically memory using the intelitek easy c? While programming C in windows you use malloc and free, but those are declared in the standart windows header (stdlib.h), so they wont work. Are there any similar commands/functions in easy c ?

And my second Question. Is there in easy c a function like GetTickCount in windows? Its a function which returns the milliseconds since the PC was started.

edit: Sry i’ve post it in the wrong forum, maybe a moderator could change this thank you.

Thank you for answering!
Greets Icon²

First of all, stdlib.h is part of the C Standard Library, and should exist on all C platforms. It has nothing to do with Windows. I remember something about Easy C not having implementations for dynamic memory management due to the very small scale of platforms they target.

To answer your second question, there’s a header called time.h (or ctime if you’re compiling in C++). In it there’s a function called clock() which returns a value of type clock_t for how long the program has been running. To convert this into seconds, there is also a definition in clock.h called CLOCKS_PER_SEC which evaluates to the number of clock_t’s per second. On the Windows platforms I’ve compiled on so far, CLOCKS_PER_SEC is 1000, meaning each clock_t value is a milisecond.

Feel free to PM me if I can help you in any other way, and welcome to Chief Delphi.

You can include studio.h in easyC I’m not sure if malloc is in it.

If you look om API.h there are some undocumented timer / clock functions. Otherwise you could just start a timer. See the help file for use of timers.