EASYC PRO HELP rookie programmer here

Hi and thanks to anyone who helps!

I am a new programmer complete rookie i have installed easyc-pro in my own cpu and i am trying to find out the meaning of the commands
I looked at a couple of them life “If” and i was thinking “if i only had pancakes” now i understand how to get a new project underway. REMEMBER THIS IS THE EACYC PRO cd.

IT WOULD BE OF GREAT HELP IF YOU GUYS CAN POST THE MEANING OF THE FOLLOWING COMMANDS AND WHAT THEY DO
INPUTS
OUTPUTS
PROGRAM FLOW (WHICH I UNDERSTAND AND I AM ABLE TO GET THE WHILE 1==1 ON)
RC CONTROL (ANOTHER THING THAT I PARTIALLY UNDERSTAND)
CAMERA???
CONTROL
USER FUNCTIONS

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHICH COMMANDS I WOULD HAVE TO INPUT IN ORDER FOR THE ROBOT TO DO THE BASICS WHICH IS MOVING FORWARD AND BACKWARD!

THANKS ILL BE POSTING SIMULTANEOUSLy for your help and guidance
by the way there is a problem in my keyboard so sometimes the caps lock is working and other times its not aND THIS IS THE RESULT!

For a basic program, you can right click on the OperatorControl() block, and hit open.

Then you can drag a While loop from the Program Flow set into the flowchart, and input the value 1, to create a While(1) loop.

Next, you can open the RC Control set, and click and drag your favorite kind of joystick drive inside the while loop. Just set the values where your speed controllers are and what kind of joysticks you are using.

Then, hit the Compile button at the top (a picture of a stack of notecards with arrows pointing down on them). When thats done, press the button to the right of that button to download the code to the robot.

Let us know where you get stuck!

Hope to be of help,
Jacob

Hey,
I am pretty good at the Easy C Programming and I am willing to help you out. What exactly do you need? I know you wanted to know what the camera and stuff does. Are you programming for the US First Robotics or Vex?

WOW you guys dont waste any time in replying
thanks for the immediate reply

RIGHT NOW I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET THE WHILE LOOP AND EVERYTHING IS GOING SMOOTHLY I WILL HAVE MORE UPDATES ON TUESDAY BECAUSE THAT IS GOING TO BE OUR NEXT MEETINg and i am programming for US First Robotics by the way out of curiosity what is vex? another competition? anyhow i need to know how to program the robot for tank drive and once i feel easy with that my next step for a new project will be AIRPLANE DRIVE BUT RIGHT NOW LETS WORRY ABOUT THE TANk drive
thanks alot

thanks for all the help i need to know how to set programming for tank drive

Select either Tank-2 motor or Tank 4-motor from RC Control and place the block in your While loop. Then click on ‘Help’ to help you through the rest!

Exactly what Jon236 said: Just drag “4 wheel tank drive” over and drop it inside your while loop. This gives you four PWM outputs (2 victors per side, which is what you have!). The help function will tell you which PWM Outout goes to which motor (left or right).

OK, now that you’ve programmed tank drive, anything else you want to do?? (Yes, it is that easy…).

OK, Let’s talk about Inputs and Outputs.

Inputs give you blocks to handle any information that needs to come IN to the robot controller. Like a limit switch. For a limit switch, you would wire it up so it connects the Signal Pin of a Digital Input to ground when the switch is actuated (pressed). (The black wire of a Digital INput connection is ground). Then you’d read the condition of that digital input pin (using that digital input block you dragged in there), it will be a 1 or a 0 (not pressed or pressed) and you can use that somewhere else to make the robot do something.

In this case, you need to create and define a Variable (in the Variables section) with a name like “Limit_Switch_On_Arm” (something that explains what it does) as an INT (look up the different types of variables, maybe there’s a better choice?). Then, in the Digital Input block, you set the value of the Variable to whatever the input block is “seeing” from the limit switch (you also define which of the Digitial Inputs it’s connected to).
Outputs** are how you send something OUT of the robot controller - like to make a motor go or stop. So, to make the motor for your manipulator arm move, you can drop a motor block in there, define that it applies to motor (PWM) output #5 (or whatever), and tell the program which variable name (like “Arm_Motor_Output”) you’re using to set the PWM value, and it’ll do it.

Let’s say you want to make sure the motor won’t move forward after it hits the limit switch (In this example, “forward” is any PWM value from 128 to 255), you can do something like…

If 
             Limit_Switch_on_Arm = 1
     If 
             Arm_Motor_Output >127
         Then 
                Arm_Motor_Output == 127
     EndIf
EndIf

Now, that “code” won’t really work, becasue you need to use ‘program flow’ blocks, input blocks and output blocks in there, not so many words.

Does this make some sense?

Here’s a project for you to try:

Wire up a switch to short the Digital Input 1 signal pin to ground when the switch is pressed.
Hook up the switch to Digital Input 1.
Hook up a victor to a motor, and to PWM output 8
When Digital Input 1 = 0 (the switch is pressed), set the output of PWM 8 to 250. Otherwise it is set to 127.

What should happen is that when the switch is pressed, the motor turns. When you let go of the switch, the motor stops.

The last point:
MAKE COMMENTS FOR EVERY SINGLE STEP. This is very important. It may seem stupid to you, but this is the way it is supposed to be done. Write a comment for every single step explaining what that step is supposed to do. Later, when your code is several hundred lines, and you don’t remember what you did (this WILL happen), the comments will help you a LOT. Use several lines of comments if you need to, and put in comments for major program blocks (there’s a Comment clock in the Program Flow library - its there for a good reason)

Have fun, and ASK QUESTIONS

Don

List of activities done
1 I WAS ABLE TO PUT IN THE while 1==1 loop
2 I WAS ABLE TO PUT THE TANK 4 MOTOR
3 I WAS ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THEM TO THE ROBOT CONTROLLER
4 USING THE CONTROLLERS I WAS ABLE TO SEE THE GEAR MOVING IRREGULARY

THE QUESTIONS!!!

WHEN I ASSIGNED left operator interface PORT # AND AXIS # “1 AND 2” AND right operator interface port # axis# “2 and 1”

the left controller when pushed up would move the motor clockwise and then when pressed down counter clockwise

THE PROBLEM!!!

WHEN I TOOK OUT THE VITOR CONNECTION TO THE INTERFACE AND PLACED THE WIRE IN THE 3 AND 4 PWM THE RIGHT OPERATOR INTERFACE DID NOT RESPOND UP AND DOWN RATHER LEFT AND RIGHT (AWKWARD THATS WHAT I THINK) SO WHAT ARE THE PORT# AND AXIS # SO THE GEARS IN THE 3 AND 4TH PWM ALSO MOVE FORWARD AND BACKWARD???

OR AM I DOING SOMETHING SO WRONG THAT IT WAS NEVER TO BE DONE!!!

This is a good question.

The “Port” is referring the port in which you have your Joystick connected to.

The “Axis” is referring to which axis of the joystick you’d like to use.

You need to set the “Port” for the joystick you are using, and the “Axis” for the axis you’d like to use (it says, 1=x-axis, 2=y-axis, and so on.)

Hope this helps,
Jacob

Ok
if the axis is set to 1 then the joystick when moved forwardwill rotate clockwise and when pushed backwards it will rotate counter clockwise?

Is that what your refferingto?

The left hand set of boxes are for Forward/Reverse (assuming you are using the Arcade drive), and Axis 2 should be used, which is the Y axis. The right hand set of boxes are for Rotational, in which Axis 1 should be used, which is the X axis.

If you are using Tank drive, you just need to read what each parameter does. I don’t remember offhand. Sorry.

Jacob

The X axis is left-right motion of the joystick. The Y axis is forward-backward motion of the joystick.

The WHEEL signal comes from the throttle wheel of a CF Flightstick, or from the “hat” switch of the white KOP joystick. The AUX signal isn’t provided by anything built in; it’s for you to connect your own variable resistor to control something.

Thanks for your help and i saved it as TANK PROJ1
NOW I WOULD LIKE TO START A NEW PROJECT AIRPLANE DRIVE

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW TO START WITH AIRPLANE MODE!
STEP BY STEP WOULD BE SO KIND THANKS ALOT!

Not too sure what you mean by “Airplane drive.” Could you perhaps explain briefly as to how this is controlled?

Or perhaps this is something that’s common, and that I’m just not familiar with.

Thanks!
Jacob

Airplane drive is basically the robot acting like a remote control car where in tank drive the joysticks only move forward and backward

in airplane drive one of the joysticks move left and right rather than both going back and forward!

so how do i program that!

Use arcade mode, choosing the Y axis of the “speed” joystick and the X axis of the “steer” joystick.

so the arcade motor stands for what?
y axis = speed and x=steer got it!

TODAYS STEPS
TODAY WE HHOKED UP 4 VICTORS AND 1 VICTOR TO A MOTOR NOW THE MOTOR WAS CONNECTED TO A ROD WHICH WAS HOOKED WITH ANOTHER MOTOR THE ROD WILL ACT LIKE A PULLEY SYSTEM

NOW WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS

IS THERE ANYWAY THAT I CAN INCREASE THE SPEED OF THE MOTOR AND IF SO WHAT IS IT?

ALSO I WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE AUTONOMUS MODE AND HOW TO SET IT UP??

I WANT OUR ROBOT TO GO STRAIGHT 13 AND A HALF FEET LIFT ITS CLAW AND WERE GOING TO INCLUDE A LIMIT SWITCH A LITTLE BIT MORE LIGHT ON THAT SUBJECT WOULD BE KIND!

THATS ALL FOR NOW FOLKS AND I KNOW IM BEING BOSSY BUT IT WOULD HELP ALOT IF I GOT QUICK REPLIES ILL BE POSTING EVERY TUESDAY,WEDNESDAY,FRIDAY AND SATURDAY BECAUSE OF THE SHORT TIME IT WOULD BE A GREAT HELP IF YOU GAVE SOME QUIICK REPLIES

THANKS ALOT FOR UR HELP!!!

so like the controls in halo one thats up and down for speed and one thats left and right for turning