EDUrobot Kit

Has any team recieved their EDUrobot Kit yet?

I was under the impression they were going to start shipping them on the 1st of November.

Our was shipped on November 5th. The scheduled delivery date is November 12th (we are on the East Coast - Massachusetts).

The UPS reference numbers (not the tracking numbers) are in the form: 2003-596-EDUrobot where 596 is your team number.

The UPS tracking system stated that ours would arrive Nov 12, 2002.

Hmm… our team’s money has been paid for a week or so now, and when looking on UPS’s reference number tracker thing, it can’t find the code or something. Should I be calling FIRST to make sure everything is ok, or is it possible that maybe that number is not right for everyone? Even if you replace the team number.

Hmm, but what is FIRST’s account number?? It apparently wont find the result without the sender’s account number

FIRST’s account number doesn’t matter. It is not a required field.

*Originally posted by rollncoast *
**Hmm… our team’s money has been paid for a week or so now, and when looking on UPS’s reference number tracker thing, it can’t find the code or something. Should I be calling FIRST to make sure everything is ok, or is it possible that maybe that number is not right for everyone? Even if you replace the team number. **

I would say give them another week or two…with the number of kits I’m sure they had to send out right when they started shipping, it may take a little while to get down to you on their list of people to ship to…

For those of you whose kits have been shipped, how long ago did your fees get paid? We paid our fees before Nov. 1st and our kit does not show as being shipped. We’ve scheduled our training activities and it would sure be nice if we got this kit before mid-November.
Andrew
Team 356

Actually, they supposedly said that they shipped our edubot out. We were supposed to get it on November 1st. We never got it. Now, were waiting another one or two weeks to see if we get it.

A representitive from FIRST told me today that they were having problems with the EDUrobot Kits and that no one is getting them yet. Dunno what the problem was exactly or when they will ship.

The EDURobot kit is shipping out of Texas. This may cause for early arrival for some or late arrival for others. I wonder if the software (3DMax, especially) will be in this shipment or whether it will come directly from Autodesk. We should know tomorrow.
Andrew, Team 356

We got our EduBot today!

It contains 2 joysticks, the Edu controller, some mini-motors, a full opperator interface, 2 - 9-pin cables, 4 different sizes of foam wheels, a small battery (7.2v NiCad), random structural pieces and connectors, plastic gears, mini-chain, elastic bands, other misc electronics… but no learning modules or CDs…

No software packages yet either.

Just the checklist of stuff shipped to us.

We get ours tommorow (The 12th)

Are there still teams who are paid up and haven’t received a kit?

I didn’t even remember about the thing until I saw a posting. We paid up the first week and haven’t heard about a kit yet.

Is team 25 alone? Or did they go Rookies first?

WC

From innovationFIRST:

Use the UPS tracking number

2003-X-EDUrobot (case sensitive) where X is your team number

at
http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/inputref?build_trn=yes&loc=en_US (note that this is NOT the normal tracking site).