Did any electrical rules change?
Yes, please review the robot section of the FIRST POWER UP Manual for all season specific rule information.
By no means a complete list, but we knew about a few changes before the rules came out:
- Added new motors (red line, NIDEC at least)
- Canceled CAN Jaguar
- Added Victor SPX
- Several rules related to the NIDEC motor and controller
I also noticed on my first read:
- R14 D is significantly broader than its analog from 2017.
- R39 (USB battery packs) is completely new!
- Of course, software version numbers!
Probably the biggest change electrically, at least from what my skim-read found, was no more limits on CIM motors. Don’t let your mechanical team get too CIM-happy if they want to keep the main breaker intact. Other big addition is USB battery packs, as already mentioned.