ERROR <Code> 1026

ERROR <Code> 1026 occurred at Property Node in NI_FPGA_Interface.lvlib:NIFPGA System.lvlib:Async VI Agent.vi
LabVIEW: VI Reference is invalid.

What does the above error mean, in English?

It appears repeatedly in the Driver Station window after autonomous completes.

~

To lookup what a LV error code means, you can select the menu item Help>>Explain Error. This is often available by right clicking on an error cluster as well.

If necessary copy in the error info, such as entering in 1026 in the decimal error, and it tells you that this indicates a bad VI refnum was wired in as a parameter somewhere in the VI called Asynch VI Agent.vi. It most likely means that one or more of the VI references registered as running asynchronously has already stopped running, so is no longer a valid reference.

Are there things not working on your robot, or are you asking out of curiosity?

Greg McKaskle

Things appear to be working properly, and the programmer was perfectly happy to ignore it, but I told him that error messages are important and should not be ignored… it could come back to bite him at the worst possible time.

~

“Asynch VI Agent” must be part of the framework, because that’s sure not the name of any VI that our team created.

It most likely means that one or more of the VI references registered as running asynchronously has already stopped running, so is no longer a valid reference.

Would this be somehow related to the framework shutting down autonomous independent when 15 seconds has expired?

~

It looks like the framework is trying to shut down Autonomous Independent, but failing. This is likely because the Autonomous Independent is no longer running, having already completed before the 15 second autonomous period ended. I’d place that error in the same category as the powerup message warning that the Cypress board cannot be found – it is expected behavior if the board is not connected.

The other possibility is that Autonomous Independent is inappropriately being run explicitly by user code, so the framework code that tries to run it (and delete it) as an actual independent task cannot do its job.

Thanks Alan. That diagnosis certainly fits the facts. The autonomous independent code finishes in about 8 seconds.

Assuming this is the case, I view it as a problem with the framework. It is entirely reasonable to expect that teams will design autonomous independent code that finishes before the time expiration. Displaying an error message like this teaches the students to ignore error messages. That is a very bad thing.

The other possibility is that Autonomous Independent is inappropriately being run explicitly by user code, so the framework code that tries to run it (and delete it) as an actual independent task cannot do its job.

No, we’ve learned our lesson there, thanks to your (and other’s) posts on this topic.

~

There is indeed an unwired error within the framework that will cause a DS printout at auto completion if the Auto Independent VI has already completed. This will be corrected in the future, but doesn’t warrant an update. I wasn’t sure this matched your report.

Greg McKaskle

Is there a link to a “known bugs” list for the framework that FRC teams can view?

~

No external list that I know of. I’d love for it to be on source forge, and perhaps we can get it pushed there next year.

Greg McKaskle