Error trying to install FRC Update Suite 2016

Every time we have tried to install the Update Suite, we get the exact same error at the same time and it’s getting urgent at this point. We’ve fully uninstalled all NI software and reinstalled multiple times, restarted the computer multiple times, etc etc and we get this error every single time.

“Error: Missing installation files:
C:\Users\Build\Desktop\FRCUpdate2016.0.0\Common\Products\p5\NIER_Interface.msi”

Please help, we cannot test any motors or ANYTHING without the driver station working…

Have you tried downloading a new copy of the update from the NI site again in case it was corrupted?

Did you extract everything from the .zip file into a new folder first? Running the setup program from inside the .zip does not work.

Is that space in the installation directory usually there?

Try extracting the update suite to C:\ and running it from there.

Did you extract everything from the .zip file into a new folder first? Running the setup program from inside the .zip does not work.

Based on the error given, he did indeed extract it because if he did not, the exe would have been run from a C:.…\AppData\Local\Temp\7xxxxxx directory

Yes, I unzip it before I try to run the setup, and I’ve re-downloaded it 3 times now… We’re starting to think we might have to totally wipe the computer, but there is a lot of important team stuff on there.

Before you wipe it, try a different unzip utility. I was having trouble too, the setup.exe was missing, until I tried a different utility. I don’t have the laptop here so I cant say which one it was (WinZip or 7Zip). I then tried unziping with Windows 7’s built in tool and it worked.

We are also having a problem with the Update Suite. While trying to uninstall the old NI programs we got the following error message:
“An installation for NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 2014 f1 is currently suspended.
You must undo changes made by that installation to continue. Do you want
to undo changes?”
When we click the yes box the error field just blinks and comes back with the same error. If we click the no box the uninstall quits.
The Overall Progress field freezes with the following message:
“Currently Removing NI LabWindows/CVI 2010 SP1 Analysis Library
(64 bit) Part 1 of 443”
Is there a way around this or should we just install the new update?
I guess our computer hygiene hasn’t been very good.
House of Cards 3534