Every team please read and respond! Info wanted for FIRST family tree development!

*Originally posted by Joe Ross *
**Story: Dave Lavery walks into our shop wearing jeans. One of the students whispers, “That’s not what I expected”, and Dave asks what did you expect. Student replies, “you know, a suit”.

We then showed him our design, and he proceeded to tell us (very nicely) that it sucked. And that we were way behind schedule (Week 4 and not a single part built). **

:stuck_out_tongue:
Love hearing the history (Joe gave me the history that I share about our team). Hi Joe!

I dont know if this applies to us since we are rookies, but here goes anyways …

What team number are you presently:

Your team location:
Mississauga, Ontario, CANADA!!

thats it for us … but for my last years team, here is what i remember ( i am going off the top of my head so if anyone from S.W.A.T. 771 is reading this, maybe they can correct me… )

[quote]*Originally posted by Elgin Clock *
**Because inquiring minds want to know, please provide me with the following info:

What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams):

Involvement with FIRST TEAMS**

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team:
I am not 100% sure on this one, but I think that during the rookie year, we were mentored by 820 - i was not on the team this year)

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started:

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored:
I am not sure on this one

Involvement with FIRST LEGO LEAGUE TEAMS

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored:

SWAT hosted a FLL event at their school and mentored the elementary students within their school as well

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started?
The FLL teams that are within the school (I think that there are 3 of them … but i do not know their team numbers )

Your team location:
this one i know for sure … Oakville, Ontario, CANADA!!

…thats all ive got … hope it helps :)[/quote]

In the 2002 season we started team #927 : NOVA First
While we were on 927, we were mentored by Team #116, Herndon High.
We competed at VCU and the MD state fair.
That team split into two different teams. Team#1123: AIM Robotics, which I am not currently a part of, and #1132 (odd coincidence, right?!) RAPTAR Robotics, which I helped found.
In the Fall of 2003 we Mentored Lego team #108 (I think) SWAT.
During the 03 season we had a partnership with Team #617 Highland Springs High.
We competed at VCU in 03
This fall we’ve been mentoring FLL team #1520, The Mechanicsville Dragons. We’re going with them to Maggie Walker tomorrow!
We haven’t planned out our partnership for this year in stone yet. I think we were talking with Benadictine for a while, but we haven’t heard anything for a long time. I personally would like to work with a rookie team…
Anyway, that’s a little bit o history…

Well–our rookie year was 2000 and team 118 mentored us via phone calls, mail, and e-mail. (Thanks, Lucien) we won the 2000 rookie all star that year (out of 142 rookie teams at Disney)

Since then we started team 513

and we have mentored teams from Oklahoma and Kansas 755,909,932,1104,1108,935,936,937,938,1448

1104 & 1108 both won regional rookie all stars
and 1108 went on to win the National rookie all star in '03

no Lego teams here yet

Involvement with FIRST TEAMS

none
841, 1151, Athenian, Pinole Valley High
841, 1151, Athenian, Pinole Valley High

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored:
About 15 teams - I don’t know the numbers - We have also hosted a competition for 3 years
"
Your team location:
Richmond, Ca

Thanks all!!

None

None

Agian - None (yet)

None

None presently, we have in the past but I don’t know details

See Above

Your team location:

Melvindale, MI

What team number are you presently: 233

have always been 233 since our rookie year, 1999.

have offered assistance to 3 teams, one in our county and the other 2 in the state. don’t have the numbers in front of me right now.

Currently our students mentor 11 FLL Teams from 6 schools.

the lego teams change their numbers but we have started 15 teams this year, in our county

we also hosted a local tournament 2 years ago but started the florida sunshine state lego tournament last year and it run it again this year.

Your team location:
cocoa beach, fl

What number are you now?

What number were you?

We dont keep good records, sorry :frowning:

What FIRST teams have you mentored?

None

What FIRST teams mentored you?

None. We were the first team on the west coast, noone out here to mentor us. :slight_smile:

What FLL Teams has your team mentored/started?

None.

Since nobody else from 84 had replied to this yet, here I go…

What team number are you presently: 84

What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams): Don’t remember the number, but we were originally part of the LITTLES, a 7 school team, back in about 1997.

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: I guess you could say that the LITTLES mentored us, because we got our start with them. We were the first to break away from them to start our own team…traveling 75+ miles one-way to build a robot got old, fast. We are now a 5 school team.

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started: Because we were part of the LITTLES, I guess you could say we helped to start 222 and 284.

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: See above…(sort of)

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored: Two teams each, based at Waverly (NY) Middle School, Towanda (PA) Middle School, and Troy (PA) Middle School, for a total of 6!

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started? Please see the previous question…

Your team location: We are based in Towanda, PA.

*Originally posted by JudyVandy *
What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams): Don’t remember the number, but we were originally part of the LITTLES, a 7 school team, back in about 1997.

The LITTLES were 118.

I was on 190 in high school…

Started 639 in college…

And this year we started a lego leam team in Ithaca.

• Patrick

And I forgot to add in my last post, about six years ago, before 226 added the second high school in the city, they had a diferent number, but nobody really knows what it was. It would have been high 90’s or low 100’s. If anybody’s knows could you tell me? Troy High school from Troy Michigan. I dont know what sponsors where at that point

This is our second year in first, and the team number is 1075. We have not yet started any new teams or mentored anyone. We are not in the Lego league. No teams have mentored 1075 (but one team helped us by giving us old speed controllers :))

*Originally posted by KenWittlief *
**Ok Im doing this from memory, someone correct me if I get the numbers wrong.

Fairport HS was sponsored by Kodak in '97 and '98 - and they were team number 36 and 72 respectively in those years

then they were sponsored by Gleason works in '99 and were team number 277

we combined with Churchville Chili school for one year, I believe our number was changed to 578 then

we missed a year in there somewhere

Chili now has their own team, so Fairport / Gleason retained our current team number 578.

So I guess you could say we mentored and spawned the Churchville Chili team. (BTW - its Chi Lie, not chilly :c)

36, 72, 277, 578 <= all Fairport HS at one time. **

Not quite right about the Churchville Chili bit (team 340). 340 was started by an alumni of RIT who had worked on the FIRST team at RIT. This was in the year 2000. I don’t believe Fairport and Churchville-Chili ever worked together.

To the best of my knowledge, this is the pedigree of most of the teams in Rochester (I won’t include too many team numbers until later because it frankly doesn’t make much sense):

191, the X-Cats, became involved in the initial competition in 1992 with Xerox sponsoring Wilson High School. In 1993, the X-Cats convinced Kodak to sponsor a team with Edison Tech high school. That continued until Kodak switched sponsorship to Fairport High School in 1995. Harris/RF then sponsored Edison Tech. In 1996, RIT became involved in the Edison Tech team. In 1999, I believe, Kodak began to sponsor Marshall High School (team 211). In 1998, there was no Edison Tech team. In 2000, an alumni of RIT who had worked with the Harris RF/RIT/Edison Tech team, started team 340 with Nortel Networks and Churchville-Chili High School. In 2001, Alstom Signaling and RIT (team 73) sponsored a team at Edison Tech. The team then did not exist for 2002. In 2003, Bausch & Lomb and RIT (team 73) sponsored a team at Edison Tech (hopefully for good this time). In 2003, Xerox sponsored a team with Webster High School (1126 I think). I don’t know much of the history of Fairport’s team so I’ll have to take that information from you.

So the evolution in Rochester is a bit convuleted but it all starts with the X-Cats.

Matt

Team 229 was started by a former member of Aces High (176).
I was on team 229 when I attended Clarkson University.
I was so hooked that I started team 891 here in Syracuse.

N/A

**Involvement with FIRST TEAMS

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: **
None

**What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started: **
None

**What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: **
We sort of mentored the team from Red Bank Regional High School(551 if I remember correctly) for their first and only year. After that one of their team members transfered to our school and joined FURY while another helped with the animation.

**Involvement with FIRST LEGO LEAGUE TEAMS

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored: **
We(myself and one of our engineers) started and are currently mentoring team 48, the Robo Monkeys.

**What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started? **
See above.

**Your team location: **
Lincroft, NJ

team 19, Greenwich ct, we mentor a lego league team but i don’t know which one.

Hmm, FIRST in Georgia.

Two years ago I took part in FIRST on Team 832 at neighboring Roswell High School because my Bio teacher’s husband worked there and she knew I would be interested. Team 832 was started by a senior, Mike W-something (he’s Polish give me a break) who took part in FIRST in Canada, and Jeremy Roberts (skyman9000) and Anne Bergeron from Georgia Tech who were involved in FIRST in high school in Florida.

Last year I formed Team 1127 at Milton High (my school) and his fall we started and mentored the LegoLeague Team 2301 at Northwestern Middle, out feeder school.

What team number are you presently:847

What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams): none

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started: this is tricky, as most of the Oregon teams all started up together and work through a group called FIRST FORCE. so we all kind of mentored each other, although there have been a few spin off teams from the orignal teams(847,995,…all oregon rookies in 2002). also FIRST FORCE has been behind getting lego league teams started in the area. so the teams have been working with their local lego league teams.

Your team location: MY team is from Philomath, OR. the other FIRST Force teams are from Corvallis, Bend, Albany, Salem, etc. … I can’t remember them all at the moment…

hope this helps some and that you can understand all this…sorry it’s so confusing.

What team number are you presently: 93

What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams): 107 in 1997

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: None

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started: None

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored:None

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored: Many Appleton area teams … I don’t know their team names/numbers

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started? None

Your team location: Appleton, Wisconsin