Every team please read and respond! Info wanted for FIRST family tree development!

Team 108 sigmac@t… mentoring eagle ridge elementery… country hills elementery for fll… my team is in South Florida… (Ft. Lauderdale)

And Xerox started team 1450 (XQ Robotix)
Team 1511 was started by Kim O’ Tolle who started team 229 who started out with team 176.
RIT has connections with 1511 as well and also sponsors team 1405.
Team 378 was a combination of two schools who split. 378 is with Newfane high school while 1507 is with Lockport.

What team number are you presently: Team 319 we are out of Alton New Hampshire.

I started team 476 in Nov–1999 (our rookie year was 2000)
we were recruited and mentored by Lucien Junkin from team 118 in Houston (the Robonauts)

We have since recruited and/or mentored many teams since.

What team number are you presently: 1529

What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams): none

Involvement with FIRST TEAMS

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: 234 CyberBlue; we also get help from 829 (apparently now the Goats - insert punchline here - but seriously thanks)

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started: none

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: We work with 1741 Red Alert, but CyberBlue should get the mentor credit. This is only our 2nd season.

Involvement with FIRST LEGO LEAGUE TEAMS

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored: See below.

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started? We hope to have a FLL team at our middle school within the next 2-3 years.

Your team location: Southport High School - Indianapolis, IN

I’ll give you a rough history of Osceola County, FL.

Team 186 in Kissimmee Florida was the first team in our area at gateway high school. It became a multiple high school team which later split off to its own team to become team 1065 of Osceola and TECO high school. Basically all other teams in the county and some in orange county are from Disney realizing how wonderful FIRST is and getting many teams started and providing engineers and funding to the majority of the schools. These Osceola teams include

1062 Celebration High, Celebration FL
1065 Osceola/TECO high, Kissimmee FL
1390 St. Cloud High, St. Cloud FL
1543 Poinciana High, Kissimmee FL
1604 Harmony High, Harmony FL.
Team 186 does not currently exist.

A couple other notes, when Harmony high was built east of St. Cloud, some of the 1390 students (I included) went to the new school and started 1604. I also have been working on starting a team in my home town in Bartlesville Oklahoma with some help of team 476. It should be competing next year. ::fingers crossed::

Lego league teams are to come in the future. Hope this helps.

**What team number are you presently: **228

**What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams): **Although we did not change team numbers, we changed team names for the 2001 season. In our 1999 and 2000 season, Team 228 was known as the Tri-Town Duct Tape Bandits, while our robot’s name was Gus. For 2001, the team decided that Gus was a better name, and orange was a better team color, so we became Gus Robotics Team 228 (sometimes the ‘robotics’ is ommited and it’s written as “Gus” Team 228).

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: I don’t think our team was mentored, but I’ll have to go back and check.

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started: Team 1071 Max (Their team name, as well as that of Team 228, came from the name of our 1999 robot: Augustus Roboticus Maximus.

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: Team 905, Platt Tech

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored: Anywhere from two to six per year.

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started? We’ve started two new teams at a magnet middle school in our town.

Your team location: Meriden, Connecticut (In 1999 (and I think 2000?), our team included Rocky Hill, CT. From 1999 to 2002, we also included Wolcott, CT (until they formed Team 1071). Right now, our team is compised of the three high schools in Meriden, CT: Platt High School, Maloney HIgh School, and Wilcox Tech High School)

What team number are you presently:

What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams):

Formerly team 465 in 2000 & 2001

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored:

We mentored two FLL teams last year (2004 FLL season) Phoenix Storm 2344 Team Halo 3002

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started?

We started the two teams mentioned above (who are planning on participating again for the 2006 season), We also have another school intrested in starting a team for 2006.

Your team location:

Canton, MI, USA

From what I know, team 66 used to be made up of Ypsilanti HS, Lincoln HS, and our, Willow Run High, school. I dunno if any other team mentored us at one time.
Team 470 came from our team, or was it the other way aorund? I couldn’t tell you.
We’re currently involved in mentoring a team from Romulus.

As far as the FLL is concerned: Team 66 has mentored the local middle school team. First started as Edmonson Middle School Jets, with 2 known numbers: 2804 (2002) and 822 (2003). Then when moved over to the new middle school, it became the Willow Run Middle School CyberJets (pronounced WoRMS Cyberjets) Team #s: 130, 131 (these two had to be consolidated), and 2837. Basically this is the team we started, maintained, and mentored.

Hope that helps. :wink:

-Joe

PS: while you’re at it, and if you need more information, goto the website linked in my sig.

In 1996 Team 116 was one of the original two NASA teams (Team 114? was the other) and the first team in the state of Virginia. We were then at South Lakes High School in Reston, VA. In 1999 we moved to our current location at Herndon High School due to a lack of faculty support at SLHS.
We had some older numbers in the 60s and 80s, but I do not know the exact numbers.
116 has mentored over 20 teams in the region. Some of them include 612, 623 and 927. Our level of support ranged from phone calls and emails to allowing them to use our shop and/or assissting in the fabrication of parts.
116 has also indirectly “mentored” many teams through posting designs and helping teams through these forums. You know your doing a good job when other teams e-mail you to thank you for a design you posted. For some reason our designs seem to win more matches for other teams than ours. :stuck_out_tongue:
116 alumnus Aleisha Wallenstein has started 29 teams (27 of which still exist). Team 401, The Hokie Guard, was co-founded by Aleisha Wallenstein and an alumni of Team 122. Last year, Aleisha helped create the 12 Israeli teams and the Israeli reagional competition. 10 of those teams returned to compete this year, and they were joined by 16 new teams. Aleisha is now the FIRST regional director of the Israeli regional.
Team 116 also played an important role in helping to start many area teams, especially in Fairfax County (such as 612 and 623). We have talked to Fairfax County Public Schools and other area education and science movement and played various roles in helping to start, or try to start, new area teams. Even earlier this year we attended an event at Devry University to help start new teams.
Additionally, by helping get NASA involved with FIRST, we have indirectly helped to found many many many more teams. :wink:

116 alumnus Joanne Emerson founded a FLL team (unsure of number) and 116 has been greatly involved in the local FLL regional.

In 2005, FVC Team 18 was created as a pilot team for the Vex pilot program. 116 served as a mentoring body for it, and 116 members assist in the leadership, construction, and mentoring of FVC Team 18. Team 18 won the 2005 Pilot event at the Championships in Atlanta along with FVC Teams 27 and 48 last April.

116 is located in Herndon, Virginia, about 20 miles west of Washinton DC.

But the question is…is Elgin up to date with Litchfield County history? (Speak it back to me, Elgin, I want to know if you’ve been listening) :wink:

What team number are you presently: 1896

What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams): none

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: HOT (67)

Havent started or mentored anything - team was just started

Wow! Somebody could have a really fun time doing this “FIRST Family tree” Did anyone every follow up on this? Could organize it by state. wish I had the time… I could help with Maryland.

life for students on high school robotics teams may find it easier to do it during the summer. I haven’t been able to sleep very well for a long time, but build season is really taking its toll on me. my system is so messed up right now I fell like collapsing and wouldn’t want to wake up until my body has rested itself long enough.

more specifically, I usually get about five, six hours of sleep, but lately I’ve been getting about three.

Team now: 1236.
Always been 1236

haven’t really mentored any teams, all the teams in our area are kinda tight about info. We shouldn’t be, but we are. It happens.

FLL teams just apparently don’t exist in southern va.

im on team 1660
ive been on team 713

What team number are you presently: 007

What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams): ----

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: 0

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started: 0

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: Baltimore Alliance System, basically all Baltimore teams help one another.

Involvement with FIRST LEGO LEAGUE TEAMS

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored: Pine Grove Middle School’s two teams. Their numbers change each year, so we don’t exactly know their numbers.

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started?: See above.

Your team location: Baltimore, Maryland

Lets see…
Presently: 103
Have been team number: 75
Our team has mentored: about 50 plus teams!!!
Thats all I can remember right now!!!

This is fun!!!

What team number are you presently: 973 GRR

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started: 1388

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: 1388

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored:Batteries not included and Some Assembly required

Your team location: Atascadero CA

been with 1028 since the 2003/2004 season