Evil Finds New Source in Self-Installing IE ToolBar

EVIL!!!

Not only will this tool bar SELFINSTALL by its own (made by the same people who dose those pop up adds that look like a windows display message and those Internet Firends) but it also makes your homepage Xupiter.com, makes all searches go through it’s web site, DOWNLOADS PROGRAMS SUCH AS GAMBALING APPS AND THEN LAUNCHES THEM, and also thwarts all temps to set IE’s previous settings.

As one guy said:

“When I find the bastards who programmed this thing I’d be happy to castrate them with a pair of dull pinking shears,” fumed one of Xupiter’s many unhappy victims in a newsgroup posting.

Good luck brother.

I don’t know where I got it, but I tried to play with the registry a bit. I reinstalled Windows since then, so I don’t have to worry about it.

I knew there was a reason why I don’t use IE. :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by Brandon Martus *
**I knew there was a reason why I don’t use IE. :slight_smile: **

Or a windows user. :slight_smile:

My brother got that on our computer somehow a few weeks ago. I tried to uninstall it and it didnt work well (left some files) so all I did was a “system restore” on XP and it got rid of the whole thing. System restore works really well, especially if you have it create a backup point every day.