Falcon 500 Changes & Inventory

congrats man

33 Likes

A mere 3 robots worth of Falcons? What are you gonna do, build just 3 robots or something? smh

28 Likes

Ah yes, the buy up all the Falcon motors begins again. Guess it’s a good primer for the toilet paper runs.

Proud of you guys.

13 Likes

I remember driving for hours around the SF bay area and paying a markup to buy our 5th and 6th Falcons from another team last season. I don’t know what the ideal solution looks like but I’d like it to be easier for teams that can’t take on big upfront costs to get their hands on these motors.

6 Likes

Are these some PS5 scalping tactics?

20 Likes

Agreed. We split what few we had between two mechanisms on both robots, but ended up breaking one motor during the necessary loctite fix and were short one.

Probably a good thing the first two ‘seasons’ of this motor aren’t your typical years.

2 Likes

Roughly the same time as ThunderHex

2 Likes

Fantastic! As I was reading, I was thinking, “gee, I hope you can order the hardware to upgrade the older Falcons with–” and then I got there and audibly but softly "woot"ed, drawing funny looks from my AP Physics 1 class.

3 Likes

Just going to purchase the rest, I guess. :grinning:

21 Likes

Aww, no volume discount?

2 Likes

Nope, FRC Costco doesn’t carry them : (

18 Likes

Credit card got rejected, so I guess we’ll have to wait on TheThriftyFalcon.

6 Likes

That’s called a mini cim

11 Likes

Wishing for a Falcon 550 :wink:

14 Likes

Seconding this wish. :upside_down_face:

Shoots the Falcon’s marketing team in the foot, as it’s no longer the only motor you’ll ever need.

20 Likes

Isn’t marketing’s job to make you desire more than you really need? :smile:

12 Likes

Well, they did say they have more products still to release. We can dream, we can dream…

2 Likes

@ozrien @Jon_Jack when are the falcons on CTRE going live today?
EDIT: Looks like they are live!

2 Likes

BIG

5 Likes