We on team 4256 were tired of drowning in scouting sheets or hacking together custom database systems for every competition, so a couple of years ago we set out to build a more robust and easy-to-use mobile scouting system. After lots of development we came out with FAST. We have used it successfully as our primary tool at many regionals, and we’d love to share it with everyone. Any feedback or want to help contribute just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAST is a modern scouting and event information application for the FIRST Robotics Competition. It enables all the scouts and strategists on your team to easily access all of your team’s data. Scouted data and match information is transmitted seamlessly from the stands straight to the pit so your team can make actionable decisions about gameplay strategy and alliance selection and, most importantly, win!
Never deal with loads and loads of paper scouting sheets or complex, hard-to-manage custom computer scouting systems ever again. FAST is easy enough for a rookie team to get started with, yet powerful enough to support the data needs of a large, world-class team.
FAST supports easy adding of the event you are attending using The Blue Alliance’s database seamlessly in the background. FAST simply pulls down all event data including team and match information, match scores, match times, and more. All data is presented in a clean and concise manner centering around the teams attending.
FAST puts making actionable decisions for team picking first. Everyone on your team can use their own device to scout teams and matches, update information and notes, and easily visualize stats using informative graphs and team sorting.
- Easy importing of Events using The Blue Alliance integration
- CSV Exporting
- Stands Scouting
- Pit Scouting
- Syncing of scouted data between all of your team’s scouts so that everyone always has access to the most up to date information
- Custom ordering of teams for top alliance picks
- Recording of Team stats, custom notes, and robot photos
- Alliance Picking mode to mark a team as already picked for an alliance ensuring your team is always picking the best available partners when it comes time to choose alliances (simply swipe left on a team to mark them as picked)
Team Stats and Details Tracked
- Robot Size and Weight
- Robot Capabilities
- Drive Train
- Programming Language
- Win-Loss-Tie Record
- Images of team robots
- Cargo and Hatch placement information
- Climb and Assist Status
- Starting Position and Loaded Game Piece
- Much More
How it works
- Log into your (or make a) team account
- Select event to scout
- Scouts in the stands will record details of the matches (usually 6 in the stands for each team competing)
- Scouts on the floor will pit scout all details of the teams attending the event
- All data is synced and visualizable on all team members’ devices
The FRC Advanced Scouting Touchstone (FAST) was developed by FRC Team 4256 The Cyborg Cats.
FAST - FRC Scouter by Aaron Kampmeier