Faulty Ribbon Cable

Today, we spent 3 hours trying to figure out why our tank drive would not respond to user control. According to indicators on the front panel of our code, the program was running fine and the cRIO was sending the Jaguars exactly the commands it was supposed to. Jaguars worked fine with BDC-Comm as well. Eventually, we found that the problem was in the ribbon cable that FIRST sent us in the KOP. The connection to the cable was backwards on one side. Pin one connected to 32 and vice versa. We have fixed the problem, just wanted to let you all know in case you were having trouble too.

You’re a little late. FIRST put that one out along with the repair procedure on something like Day 2.

And it seems to be that most if not all of the cables were backwards, so you aren’t the only one.