Favorite part about Chief Delphi

Don’t forget the oddly specific memes! Especially common once you get past ~100 replies.

4 Likes

the shop dogs

8 Likes

The willingness people have to help each other and give useful commentary (usually :slight_smile: )

1 Like

This thread is like a summer CD reunion without the transphobia!

17 Likes

I live for Boltman and Payne Train.

9 Likes

I for one like my hero, poohbear.

Edit: I also prefer my lard to be good, not bad.

3 Likes

@Thequackmaster, @TheFlash, @gellnick, @GoalkeeperBoss, @EricKline, @Squirrel2412, etc.

6 Likes

Wow. I didn’t know that thread existed but 10/10 worth the read

1 Like

Piztons Lard is an underrated CD thread. Experiencing that live was probably one of the best things that’s happened to me.

5 Likes

Hmmmm, it’s a toss up between…

1. That classy logo

2. The fact user profile changes propagate through all old posts, so all of @AdamHeard’s posts before being on 254 now have a 254 logo next to them, leading to some occasionally amusing scenarios.

8 Likes

Totally with @Ryan_Swanson and @bobbysq. Great community, and real GP especially when it comes to providing help with a real problem, whether mechanical, programming, getting sponsors, or working through team dynamics. Of course, there are the occasional dumpster fires, but they’re usually when the discussion turns away from the technical towards the normative (what should things be like).

Also neat games and puzzles and stuff. They wouldn’t keep me here, but they provide some fill-in when real content is slow.

3 Likes

I’ll call up my neighbors and ask if they can change their name to Lard Robotics

Over the ~2 years that I’ve had this account, I love how the community is always quick to teach me when I wanted to learn. I’ve gained uncountable knowledge from this site, along with new connections. I’ve always thought of CD as a “connection to a family across the globe.”

I don’t even remember exactly how I got started here. What I do know is I was deep into JVN’s Blog, and it linking many hyperlinks to CD, but since my school blocked CD, I never knew what they were. Eventually I got tired of not being able to see the links, but why August?

2 Likes

CD is good at facilitating being able to help with issues, from programming to mechanical to team organization and fundraising, in a fairly linear one-on-one/many-on-one setting than the FRC Discord or Reddit tend to garner for me.

The other side of this of course is that CD has a fairly focused community that wants to help and answer questions, provide insight, question assumptions, and just generally bounce ideas off the wall.

CD has also become a good place for vendors, teams, and other groups to post announcements for info on new products, software releases, ect. in a semi-official fashion. Everything from new motors or Gearboxes to sensors to software features such as the Command-Based Rewrite from this year. Oh and whitepapers and tutorials, those are always boss!

Also, RSS Feeds. I like having RSS Feeds so I get notifications of new Topics.

1 Like

@notmattlythgoe 's GIFs

3 Likes

Rivetman

14 Likes

Swerve drives are included, yes.

1 Like

The unrelenting censorship!

8 Likes

@mac

2 Likes

Green dots.