Feeling Left Out?

I just wanted to see what other even teams qualified but are not going to Nats? Doesn’t even have to just be even # teams I’m sure there are some good odd teams that qualified that can’t afford to go.

Well yea there are teams out there left out of the nats. like our team 968 we won the Arizona regional and were the finalists in the SoCal regional and the 1st seed in SoCal but we don’t have the money to grt there so there are a lot of teams in the same postion

dont feel all alone - they opened up the championship about 2 weeks ago - so you didnt HAVE to qualify to go

anyone who wanted to go, could go (if you had the $$$)

The one year we qualified to go by merit…

I remembered last year, as a rookie team, when we did go to Nationals. Our head adviser said we should go that year (when all even numbered teams could go) since, as a new team, it’s unlikely that we would win a regional or award for a while. Thus, instead of waiting two years when all even numbered teams are up once again (and having some team members graduating), we mind as well chip in right then and there.

I guess we beat our own curve. Sad that it’s going nowhere (except self-satisfaction).

Actually, I believe that we were close to going this year with some extremely late planning. Unfortunately, it was a bit too late… and, well, here we are, posting on Chief Delphi. All I know is that I’m still a bit perturbed over the whole matter, especially after rushing out and spending over 10 hours into a night mastering and burning 100 CDs as team handouts for Nationals, only to have them all go to waste. And they were good, quality-made CDs too! Quality! It had Insane Boo for crying out loud!!

Wah!

We wanted to go. BMS was willing to pay for us. But our school district sucks and wouldn’t let us go :frowning: . Now everyone’s in Houston and all my FIRST friends are gone :(…

All i have to say is…GRRRRRRRRRRRR

GAH…i think we are the only Sacramento team that is not at nationals…

A thing we find funny about qualifying at team 294.

Engineering Inspiration (2nd highest award) doesn’t qualify you to nationals.

Ah well, this means I get to go camping this weekend :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by KenWittlief *
**dont feel all alone - they opened up the championship about 2 weeks ago - so you didnt HAVE to qualify to go

anyone who wanted to go, could go (if you had the $$$) **

thats not True all the even number teams from 1 to 400 go to do that but after that the only even number teams are the ones that qualified. i wis that was true tho cause i would be there right now in houston but like they started from 1 and just went up till they filled up the roster.

We were finalists at the SVR and Regional Winners in the Pacific Northwest Regional. (Thanks to all of our partners) Also, we won the Delphi “Driving Tomorrow’s Technology” and Leadership in Control Award at each respective regional. Although we qualified for Nationals, we didn’t have the funds to go to Houston. Also, it would mean that the students would be out of school for about three weeks.

It is always challenging having to travel so far. As I mentioned in other posts, we are still very hopeful that someday we will have our own regional or maybe even a National competition in Hawaii.

*Originally posted by Che *
**We were finalists at the SVR and Regional Winners in the Pacific Northwest Regional. (Thanks to all of our partners) Also, we won the Delphi “Driving Tomorrow’s Technology” and Leadership in Control Award at each respective regional. Although we qualified for Nationals, we didn’t have the funds to go to Houston. **

:frowning:

we are still very hopeful that someday we will have our own regional or maybe even a National competition in Hawaii.

As our team watched championships at our school’s Futures Academy we were talking about a regional some day in Hawaii.

http://a564.g.akamaitech.net/7/564/34/4d31494ed94e84/school.discovery.com/clipart/images/ani_haha.gif