Few questions on OCCRA materials

During some of our meetings, questions have been asked that I alone cannot answer. So I ask the great rule makers for a clarification.

1: We have seen the answer about using Mcmaster-Carr for the purchasing of wheels but the question is; Can we buy Aluminum Sheets from M-C as long as it fits in the thickness rule?

2: I know the rules say that you can use foam board but someone asked can we use foam in a can? I think I know the answer but its worth a shot.

OCCRA Team 27 is moving along nicely. We might post some teaser pictures soon. We hope all teams are doing well and we can’t wait for the first competition.

Thanks for your help

Question:
We have seen the answer about using Mcmaster-Carr for the purchasing of wheels but the question is; Can we buy Aluminum Sheets from M-C as long as it fits in the thickness rule?

Answer: We allow aluminum for any source as long as thickness specification is met. Shop around as prices vary, donations are good.

Question:
I know the rules say that you can use foam board but someone asked can we use foam in a can? I think I know the answer but its worth a shot.

Answer:
Foam board must meet the specification of a foam board. Foam in a can is not foam board, it is only bored if listening to Justin sing.