[FF]: 2015 Season Long Fantasy FIRST: Traditional League

With the passing of another IRI into the record websites, it’s time for another season of Fantasy FIRST! This year, with there being multiple leagues planned, the tag “Traditional” is going to be used for the classic full-season, every-event-gets-a-draft format. Miss 5 drafts in a row and you get a warning; ignore the warning and you’re out of the league. I’m not gonna require any selection lists now because I don’t know when most of the events are gonna be, but be ready when drafting starts because it’ll be fast and furious! Trades of teams and/or draft slots are allowed if everybody involved agrees. Teams of up to 5 players are allowed; if the entire team from last season is still around just drop the name and team members’ names in.

Full rules are located at http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/papers/2574

Drafting will start the day after Thanksgiving, assuming the event schedule allows for that.

1. Falcon (EricH)

Incidentally, there are some changes to the traditional format that need some highlighting. (Changing part of the league operations is also traditional.)

The biggest change is that there are no drafts for individual districts. Those took up half of the drafts last year, and the number was projected to rise. That, plus the tendency to plunk new districts in halfway through drafting season, drove this change. The new format for districts is that there will be a single draft of up to 6 rounds for each district area (FiM, MAR, NE, PNW, and IN), with any draft of over 4 rounds being spread over two days. Each team will get its average FF score from all districts it competes in. Still being considered: shuffling the random drafting order between days, and how to deal with timing of list locks and competition-season trades inside the district system.

The other major change is in the waiver system’s treatment of teams that add into an event after the event’s draft is over. In the past, they’d go to a traditional waiver; this is being changed to a “Challenge Waiver”. Pick up the team at your own risk; someone who is higher on the waiver priority list at the time you pick 'em up can challenge you (and thus potentially force a trade, although maybe not for that particular team), with multiple challenges sending the team to the next running of the traditional waiver, which will remain in force for all teams left after a player is removed from the league. (As for why this change is being made: I’m getting lazy and forgetful. :wink: Actually, it’s pretty demanding running waivers, and having to go in and check for teams adding can take a while.)

Excited for another season of FF. Here’s to learning about more teams and more FIRST regions. Let’s get this rolling.

1. Falcon (EricH)
  2. Rotten Peach Alliance (Anupam Goli, ttldomination, ghostmachine360, iPenguin, Navid Shafa) (one member defected to Florida, the land of the oranges, and another member joined from up north)
  1. Falcon (EricH)
  2. Rotten Peach Alliance (Anupam Goli, ttldomination, ghostmachine360, iPenguin, Navid Shafa) (one member defected to Florida, the land of the oranges, and another member joined from up north)
  3. Frog Farce (Bryce Paputa, zsm150, eghazal)

4)B.O.T( Cody Burd )

I’m in. Looking for team members preferably from the MAR region.
5.)Team MAR(mlanty)

1. Falcon (EricH)
  2. Rotten Peach Alliance (Anupam Goli, ttldomination, ghostmachine360, iPenguin, Navid Shafa)
  4. B.O.T (Cody Burd)
  5. Team MAR(mlanty)
  6. The Breakfast Company (BrennanB, Rebka, JosephC) (Still would love to get some more people)
  1. Falcon (EricH)
  2. Rotten Peach Alliance (Anupam Goli, ttldomination, ghostmachine360, iPenguin, Navid Shafa)
  4. B.O.T (Cody Burd)
  5. Team MAR(mlanty)
  6. The Breakfast Company (BrennanB, Rebka, JosephC) (Still would love to get some more people)
  7. Orange Juice (Orangemoore) (There could be more people at a later time)
  1. Falcon (EricH)
  4. B.O.T (Cody Burd)
  5. Team MAR(mlanty)
  1. Koko’s X-Cats (Koko Ed)
  1. Team SuperPowerMatic (Nikeairmancurry)
  1. PureMichigan (ClintonBolinger, ZachO, IKE, JackN)

Well lets hope I can actually be effective the whole season this time

1. Swamp Life (MARS_James)

Posting as a “free agent”, I’d love to participate again but not on my own/as my own team.

1. SHARP Cheddar (ks68)
  1. Falcon (EricH)
  4. B.O.T (Cody Burd)
  5. Team MAR(mlanty)
  8. Koko’s X-Cats (Koko Ed)
  9. Team SuperPowerMatic (Nikeairmancurry)
  10. PureMichigan (ClintonBolinger, ZachO, IKE, JackN)
  11. Swamp Life (MARS_James)
  12. SHARP Cheddar (ks68)

Free Agents: Brandon_L

One or two other tweaks/clarifications that I forgot to mention earlier: W-L record will not be counted during eliminations. This particular tweak comes about to make life easier on the scorers, while still keeping the RCA as the highest-scoring award (previously, winning the event would equal the RCA when W-L was factored in).

And, just for the record, if a team is known to be in contention for an award at an event, but not have their robot at the event, that team may be selected anyway. They will either get that award’s score or nothing. Drafter’s call on how much they feel like gambling.

1. Falcon (EricH)
  4. B.O.T (Cody Burd)
  5. Team MAR(mlanty)
  6. The Breakfast Company (BrennanB, Rebka, JosephC, Grifbot, jlmcmchl)
  8. Koko’s X-Cats (Koko Ed)
  9. Team SuperPowerMatic (Nikeairmancurry)
  10. PureMichigan (ClintonBolinger, ZachO, IKE, JackN)
  11. Swamp Life (MARS_James)
  12. SHARP Cheddar (ks68)

Free Agents: Brandon_L

Updated our team :slight_smile:

1 Like

For districts will we still get a new draft for the District Champs?

Yes. One draft for all the events in weeks 1-6 (aka all the teams in the district), one for the DCMP.

I’m working on the schedule as events get added. Right now I’m looking at running the district drafts between Christmas and New Year’s Eve (12/26-12/30) at the rate of one new and one continuing per night. “Continuing”: Many of the district drafts will be run as multi-night drafts, probably with a reshuffle of the draft order between nights. I’m targeting each player/team picking 4-6 teams per district draft, depending on how many players we’ve got, but a 6-round draft on one night will be just about suicide for all concerned, so I’ll be splitting most of 'em into two nights and probably changing up the draft order between the nights as well.

If everything works out, we might be able to sneak in a few off days into the bargain. (Har, har. At least we don’t have to sneak a district that crops up late-season into the schedule somewhere.)

LTown Throwdown (Jay O’Donnell, BrendanB, PVCpirate, Brandon Zalinsky, Brandon_L)

No more free agents!

Just confirming, he did ask me and I accepted