Field Diagram for Planning Strategy

I’ve created a simplified field diagram. Our plan is to print and laminate a couple so we can draw on them with dry erase markers.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByoQC2ly8edreFVLN2NNVUplZVk/view?usp=sharing

That looks very helpful - but are Player Stations numbered correctly? According to Q&A #23,

When viewing the PLAYER STATIONS from within the ALLIANCE STATION, they are in numeric order with PLAYER STATION one on the left.

Thanks for pointing that out. I’ll make the change.

Are you sure that’s correct Beachbotics?
From team update #4:

ALLIANCE Leads are assigned to PLAYER STATION 2, the first picks are assigned to the PLAYER STATIONS closer to the BOILER, and second picks are assigned to the PLAYER STATIONS closer to the opponent’s LOADING STATION

(https://firstfrc.blob.core.windows.net/frc2017/Manual/TeamUpdates/TeamUpdate04.pdf)

This blog post from thebluealliance explains why this is important strategy-wise (it was written before the change, but edited afterwards)

Playoff player station assignments are worded this way for simplicities sake. This doesn’t mention the actual player station numbers of the first and second picks. this update and Q&A 23 are both true.

So, if I could repeat back what I understand for clarity:

Player Station 1 is closest to the opponent’s loading station. During Playoffs, the Second Pick will be assigned to this spot.

Player Station 2 is in the center. During Playoffs, the Alliance Captain will be assigned this spot.

Player Station 3 is closest to the alliance’s boiler. During playoffs, the First Pick will be assigned this spot.

Which as Jarren pointed out, makes both Update #4, the Blue Alliance diagram of Player Stations #'s (but not Alliance Picks), and Q&A #23 correct.

See, you can’t say that either. Here is the wording of Q&A 23

Given that, this is actually what it looks like.

On the RED alliance:

Player Station 1 is closest to the opponent’s loading station. During Playoffs, the Second Pick will be assigned to this spot.

Player Station 2 is in the center. During Playoffs, the Alliance Captain will be assigned this spot.

Player Station 3 is closest to the alliance’s boiler. During playoffs, the First Pick will be assigned this spot.

On the BLUE alliance:

Player Station 1 is closest to the alliance’s boiler. During playoffs, the First Pick will be assigned this spot.

Player Station 3 is closest to the opponent’s loading station. During Playoffs, the Second Pick will be assigned to this spot.

This is why Q&A 23 and Team Update 04 are both true and provide enough information for us to determine the order of the player stations.

I have updated the field diagram. The link is the same still. Thank you all for helping figure out the numbering.

Hello all,

I have also created a simplified field map. My team will be using it to plan match strategies. Thanks for pointing out the official driver station numbering scheme. I did not catch that earlier. This diagram should now be all correct.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-g5chKo7QKgaTdzYnN4ckV3dWs/view?usp=sharing

So are there gears in the loading station closest to the drivers or is that just written to simulate the 3 possible gears and 30 possible fuel loaded?

Any GEARS or FUEL not preloaded into robots is placed there. So if all of the preloads are used, there will be nothing there to start the match.

FUEL
A. Ten (10) available for each TEAM to preload in their ROBOT (any not preloaded are
staged in the bin referenced in the next bullet, B)
B. Twenty (20) in each LOADING LANE (in a bin staged between the LOADING
STATION and the STARTING LINE)

GEARS
D. One (1) available to each team to preload in their ROBOT (any not preloaded are
staged with GEARS in E)
E. Eighteen (18) in each LOADING LANE (staged on the carpet between the LOADING
STATION and the STARTING LINE)

Any fuel or gears not preloaded into a robot go to the loading lane, not the alliance station. This makes the original assumption correct that the label is placed where it is to represent preloads only. No game pieces start in the alliance station.

Hello,
Here is another option to use as a strategy map, it includes a scoring table for reference as well as space to write notes for auto and endgame in addition to the map.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3-OxKkUIUlweWRabU1zVHVkdmM/view?usp=sharing

I think you messed up sharing permissions.