FIM State Championship Discussion

Share your thoughts about the Michigan State Championship event. Thoughts, criticisms, predictions, etc.

1 Like

I thought the sudden transition into a rave twice was exciting but some more forewarning would have been nice

15 Likes

I am really impressed with the high number of 6RP matches.

2 Likes

DTE, on Thursday. This would have been hard to imagine three weeks ago.

4 Likes

Consumers is 18 for 18 for 4RP unicorn matches.

5 Likes

I don’t understand the calls in this match, how is it not a field fault? And where did that yellow card come from?

2 Likes

Could have been 19 for 18 if they let Match 11 go twenty seconds longer the first time :upside_down_face:

1 Like

And kept the lights on… :rofl:

3 Likes

At 40s to go in the match, we (857) have our intake out and collide with a robot causing their purple colored radio mount to come off / break off.

4 Likes

The first blue box in 11.3 Match Replays:

A broken FIELD element caused by ROBOT abuse that affects the outcome of the match for their ALLIANCE is not an ARENA FAULT

The issue was caused by 7790 slamming into the Charge Station and thus isn’t an Arena Fault.

7 Likes

this is the ford division data aswell

The queing system, while it worked great at our Detroit competition, doesn’t work all to great at this competition. We got our que notifications sometimes when we were on deck and already in the que, so it can be very delayed.

1 Like

As soon as I saw the frc queue I was wondering how it would work. Bad cell service means it doesn’t work well.

The Ryder Center at SVSU is famous for this. I do recall getting good information over wire drops in the pit, in previous years. Or was that somewhere else?

3 Likes

Shout-out to Foley freeze for supplying waters to all the teams!!!

13 Likes

Consumers:

Aptiv:

(Just for archival purposes)

Best water I have ever tasted I swear

5 Likes

Which alliances have a realistic chance at filling the grid tomorrow?

1 Like

4381+3538 have already done it in quals so they can definitely do it, and I feel like any of the Aptiv alliances could do it but not sure how many actually will.

2 Likes

Too many to individually count. All four fields have numerous fantastic alliances.