Finally, a fully working emulator!

Well, I finally finished it, even though it’s more than 2 months past my goal. My PBASIC emulator now supports every command I know of (except debug), including multiple program slots. The GUI is fairly easy to use and gives clear output.

Anyway, it should be in the whitepapers section soon, but until then, it is available, as always, at my website:
http://FIRSTprograms.tripod.com

Check it out and let me know what you think!

(While you’re there, take a look at its counter-part, the graphical program generator.)

Ehh… still majorly buggy…

Gave me an error when I loaded my robot code. CON30 does not exist… then the program crashed…

shrugs

could you send me your code? I haven’t run into anything like this, so I’d like to check it out.

[edit]
never mind… your code is the Toborov stuff posted earlier, right? The problem came from my parser thinking the CON ins CASTER_CON was an actual command. It should be fixed withing a few minutes.
[/edit]

ok, its fixed. Download the newest version here

Great job! I’m sure as other programmers see this and give their feedback it will only get better.

*Originally posted by skyman9000 *
**Great job! I’m sure as other programmers see this and give their feedback it will only get better. **

Thank you. That is exactly my intention in releasing it here first. Can I assume that it worked properly with your code, too? I always here about the people it doesn’t work for, but I also like hearing some of the success (it keeps me sane after coding for 18+ hours straight).

I was trying out your Robo-emulator last nite and had no troubles running our program from last year. I am highly enthusiastic about using during next year’s build. Finally I’ll have a way to resolve all the shouting matches (j.k) between the people who blame the code, and the people who blame the subsystems (btw, never the code). Thanks again.

-Mike 375

Glad to hear it.

Does anyone have any multi-program (as in RUN command) programs? I’ve created some test-cases, but I’d like to hear whether it works on real code. I can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t, but its the one feature that I can’t fully test on my own.

It work fine on our program.

*Originally posted by skyman9000 *
**It work fine on our program. **

Good. I just realized that when my laptop crashed a while back, I lost the Lookup/Lookdown code, but I’ll put it back in sometime later tonight (whenever I finish my physics lab report and a few other projects).

Well, time went by faster than I thought, so the new code won’t be up until sometime tomorrow evening. I just finished adding support for real Joysticks via DirectX 5, but haven’t had a chance to test it fully.

Anyway, I’ll post an update as soon as I’m done.