Find me an 8 year old child...

As Groucho Marx once said: “This is so simple an 8 year old child could do it. Go find me an 8 year old child…”

As an old fogey, some of this newfangled social media sometimes puzzles me. I have a specific Facebook problem, maybe someone can shed some light on it??

A person on FB has an active timeline, and there is one post from 2 days ago that I want to see. She claims all her timeline posts are public, and I do not doubt it. But, I have tried with 3 computers, 2 phones and an iPad, and every browser available to me, to see this one post and it is as if it wasn’t even there (along with dozens of comments on it).

I see the post before it, and the one after it. I see newer posts, and far older posts.

I cannot friend her - she already has 1000 and can’t add another - but I am following her. She says it shouldn’t matter.

Why just that one post? I have seen that the post exists from another user (who IS a ‘friend’ of hers). Any thoughts on what could possibly be a cause??

Not sure if this will work, but give it a try.

I’m describing this on a computer, so you’ll want to try it on one. If you scroll down around 20 posts (I think these are the 20 most popular recent posts, which apparently don’t include the post in question), you’ll see gray text that says ‘Earlier in 2014’, then a line, then ‘Highlights’ with an arrow next to it. Click the arrow, then choose the ‘all stories’ option.

It worked on the FRC Confessions Facebook page, so I don’t see why it shouldn’t work here.

Good luck!

Tried it (thanks), and it got all weird - no posts after 9/2, and no change when I clicked “show all stories”.

I had someone else log in and look, no luck there either, so here are my conclusions so far:

It is either:
The post really is set for Friends only and she doesn’t know how to tell the difference,
or
Facebook recognizes this is a ‘moneymaker’ post (it has 70+ comments, and she has 1000 followers) and is limiting who can see it.

I’m not quitting, but I do give up.

Final answer: Once I was friended I could see the post. It appears I am not the only one who doesn’t know how to work Facebook…