FIRST and Star Wars team up

Star Wars recently uploaded this post. It is an announcement that they are partnering as part of a philanthropic project.

Does this mean an officially licensed Star Wars game next year? Would they really do two space games in a row? What would a licensed and branded game be like? Let me hear your thoughts on this and what it means for 2020 FRC.

18 Likes

Who knew that the Star Wars discussion thread would suddenly become topical.

7 Likes

To me the theme doesn’t really matter anywhere near as much as the game itself so I’d be down to have 2 years of space themed stuff in a row.

11 Likes

Star Wars Game???

hell ya! i’m down for that

2 Likes

I’m cool with a Star Wars game if:

1. FIRST doesn’t totally sell out and tell us multiple times in the kickoff video to go see Gonk Droid: A Star Wars Story, releasing July 28th, 2020
  2. There’s at least a year between Deep Space and it.
  3. FIRST gets complete control of how the game plays.

Realistically, I think this is going to just be a big donation from the Force for Change organization, though.

15 Likes

I would read that as much more Disney involvement in future FIRST seasons. Not necessarily Star Wars Themed. They are just riding the hype of the latest movie and Star Wars Land launch at Disney Parks and integrating more with Deep Space theme of FIRST.

7 Likes

Looks like this part of my prediction that the game would take place a long time ago is working out…

4 Likes

Championships 2021 will be held in the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge areas at Disneyland and Disney World.

15 Likes

I hope its not, very unpopular opinion: Star Wars is boring and I really dont wanna see people keep making Star Wars jokes/references.

4 Likes

13 Likes

I’ve got a crew of folks in red shirts setting their phasers to stun right about now. Better move quick before Enterprise arrives.

(Yes, I DO know the difference. But you asked for people to not make Star WARS jokes!)

2 Likes

A Star Trek reference in a thread about Star Wars?

8 Likes

!mute @Shelby_Lamp for ever

Does this mean we can get mark Hamill at world’s? It’s the only way to one up TSIMFD.

9 Likes

Nothing will ever one up TSIMFD.

6 Likes

There is…another…

jar-jar-binks-gif-tongue

6 Likes

According to Jay Flores in the comment section, “They’ve worked with us on the story telling behind our game design too!”

I’m hoping they announce the name of next year’s game at Detroit again. If they do, we may know what this means in 13 days.

6 Likes

You mean in 6 days when they announce it in Houston, and it’s plastered everywhere all over the twittersphere.

11 Likes

Which team wants to play JarJar the Sith Lord?

4 Likes