FIRST boy band debut, 2002??

Posted by Hymnson at 03/09/2001 9:03 AM EST

Student on team #419, The Rambots, from Boston College High School and UMass Boston and Modern Assistance Programs, Inc…

Despite what all you “haters” say…I’m gunna start my own boy band…its gunna be a serious/parody pop group sensation. Which seems like a contradiction all in itself. lol But most likely we’ll be making fun of other boy bands but at the same time we’ll have our own songs (relating to FIRST/robotics of course). Hey I got the looks and the talent so why dont give it a shot…could get major publicity and media exposure! Hey look for me around FL I might even be giving out autographs soon! ;p

Posted by Anton Abaya at 03/09/2001 11:16 AM EST

Coach on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and If only we had free donuts…

In Reply to: FIRST boy band debut, 2002??
Posted by Hymnson on 03/09/2001 9:03 AM EST:

perhaps my ninniness in some indirect way boggled his brains. i dunno…

has robotics come to a new low?

on the other hand, hey hymson, can we raise moolah by doing it? cuz if we can, i’m all for supporting this “i wanna shoot you” boy band :).

good luck…

-anton

ps. Ninnies singing??!?!!?! OMG

Posted by Jeff W. at 03/09/2001 4:06 PM EST

Student on team #419, RAMBOTS, from Boston College High School and Don’t think we actually have a sponsor.

In Reply to: no, i did not influence him…i have nothing to do with it.
Posted by Anton Abaya on 03/09/2001 11:16 AM EST:

We could get money out of this which would ■■■■■■■. Rambots really need this money. Good idea Anton. Prehaps we could sell cds and stuff.

Jeff W.

Posted by Hymnson at 03/09/2001 4:19 PM EST

Student on team #419, The Rambots, from Boston College High School and UMass Boston and Modern Assistance Programs, Inc…

alright I’ll relieving Anton of all “strings attached” to this boy band creation of mine… you’ve got amnesty from all of it Anton but if we hit it big dont pull a “Lou Pearlman” on me…But maybe I’ll be gracious enough to give you an autograph, hehe but if we do make money it’ll all go towards FIRST and other robot related activities…so who wants to be first in line for my autograph?? lol

Posted by mike oleary at 03/09/2001 4:28 PM EST

Student on team #419, rambots, from bc high and sponsors are overrated…go pocket-change robots!!!.

In Reply to: Re: no, i did not influence him…i have nothing to do with it.
Posted by Hymnson on 03/09/2001 4:19 PM EST:

probably all those 12 year old girlsll be first in line for youre autograph

: alright I’ll relieving Anton of all “strings attached” to this boy band creation of mine… you’ve got amnesty from all of it Anton but if we hit it big dont pull a “Lou Pearlman” on me…But maybe I’ll be gracious enough to give you an autograph, hehe but if we do make money it’ll all go towards FIRST and other robot related activities…so who wants to be first in line for my autograph?? lol

Posted by Anton Abaya at 03/10/2001 12:24 AM EST

Coach on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and If only we had free donuts…

In Reply to: Re: no, i did not influence him…i have nothing to do with it.
Posted by mike oleary on 03/09/2001 4:28 PM EST:

: probably all those 12 year old girlsll be first in line for youre autograph

all the 12 year old female apes running around in the jungle.

-anton

Posted by mike oleary at 03/09/2001 4:30 PM EST

Student on team #419, rambots, from bc high and sponsors are overrated…go pocket-change robots!!!.

anton-do you think theres any hope for him left? is he done? should we start mourning our lost ninny?
mike
/goes to download the funeral march/

: perhaps my ninniness in some indirect way boggled his brains. i dunno…

: has robotics come to a new low?

: on the other hand, hey hymson, can we raise moolah by doing it? cuz if we can, i’m all for supporting this “i wanna shoot you” boy band :).

: good luck…

: -anton

: ps. Ninnies singing??!?!!?! OMG

Posted by EJ at 03/09/2001 5:39 PM EST

Student on team #254, Cheesy Poofs, from Bellarmine.

In Reply to: FIRST boy band debut, 2002??
Posted by Hymnson on 03/09/2001 9:03 AM EST:

i must warn u that if u continue w/ this foolish quest u will be eliminated!!!

Posted by j at 03/09/2001 5:55 PM EST

Student on team #173, RAGE, from Rockville High and United Technologies Research Center.

In Reply to: u make me sick!!!
Posted by EJ on 03/09/2001 5:39 PM EST:

: i must warn u that if u continue w/ this foolish quest u will be eliminated!!!

Whoa, somebody needs to just relax here. Why would you really care if they did start a boy band? It’s not even like it affects you at all. Just chill and let people have their fun. You’ll prolly get plenty of amusement from it.

j

Posted by Hymnson at 03/09/2001 7:14 PM EST

: i must warn u that if u continue w/ this foolish quest u will be eliminated!!!

Well “EJ” you can just chill some of that “rage” and tone it down…like I said before despite all you “haters” I’m doing what I please, I’m not here to entertain personally you, I’m not raggin on whateva you do, so chill.

Posted by Anton Abaya at 03/10/2001 12:27 AM EST

In Reply to: Re: u make me sick!!!
Posted by Hymnson on 03/09/2001 7:14 PM EST:

NINNYSYNC!
NINNYSYNC!
NINNYSYNC!
NINNYSYNC!
NINNYSYNC!
NINNYSYNC!

yawwww!!!

-anton

Posted by Hymnson at 03/09/2001 7:23 PM EST

In the words of Eminem,

“I’m glad cause they feed me the fuel that I need for the fire to burn and it’s burnin…”

I’m not gunna write songs about hate and trashing people, but people like you are just pushing me more and motivating me to actually go thru with an actual boy band, so I’m not worried about what “haters” think. So the more replies and posts I get may actually result in a F.I.R.S.T. boy band, yea…what whaaaaat! lol peace

Posted by mike oleary at 03/09/2001 7:31 PM EST

In Reply to: PS
Posted by Hymnson on 03/09/2001 7:23 PM EST:

hmmmm using eminem to defend the creation of a boyband…i dunno…that just seems wrong somehow…
in the words of eminem,
‘im sick of you little girl and boy groups, all you do is annoy me/ so i have been sent here to destroy you’

: In the words of Eminem,

: “I’m glad cause they feed me the fuel that I need for the fire to burn and it’s burnin…”

: I’m not gunna write songs about hate and trashing people, but people like you are just pushing me more and motivating me to actually go thru with an actual boy band, so I’m not worried about what “haters” think. So the more replies and posts I get may actually result in a F.I.R.S.T. boy band, yea…what whaaaaat! lol peace

Posted by Matt Ryan at 03/09/2001 9:57 PM EST

Student on team #69, HYPER, from Quincy Public Schools and Gillette.

The whole point is to have fun. Leave him be.

Posted by mike oleary at 03/09/2001 10:02 PM EST

Posted by Matt Ryan on 03/09/2001 9:57 PM EST:

we are having fun…just in a different…somewhat cruel…way…not our fault hymnsons having fun with his manhood

: : i must warn u that if u continue w/ this foolish quest u will be eliminated!!!

: The whole point is to have fun. Leave him be.

Posted by EddieMcD at 03/10/2001 12:50 AM EST

Student on team #121, Islanders, from Middletown High School and NUWC.

Posted by mike oleary on 03/09/2001 10:02 PM EST:

You know, there are many ways that can be interpreted.

-Ed “I’m going to try not to picture that” McDonnell

Posted by mike oleary at 03/10/2001 2:18 PM EST

Posted by EddieMcD on 03/10/2001 12:50 AM EST:

hehehe…some one have a sick mind?

: You know, there are many ways that can be interpreted.

: -Ed “I’m going to try not to picture that” McDonnell

Posted by EddieMcD at 03/10/2001 6:43 PM EST

Student on team #121, Islanders, from Middletown High School and Naval Undersea Warfare Center.

Posted by mike oleary on 03/10/2001 2:18 PM EST:

Um, no comment. :wink:

-Ed “I currently have no comment” McDonnell