**FIRST EMAIL**/FIRST on PBS NewsHour with Jim Lehrer tonight!

Greetings Teams:

It has just been confirmed that FIRST is scheduled to be featured on tonight’s PBS broadcast of NewsHour with Jim Lehrer (barring any programming changes due to breaking news). In producing the piece, the NewsHour crew followed a FIRST Robotics Competition team throughout the season, visited Dean Kamen in Manchester, NH, and attended the Championship in Atlanta.

Please check local listings for exact times and PBS stations in your area.

A 30-minute version of the NewsHour program will also air on HDNet. It will premiere at 8 PM ET on Tuesday, May 23 and repeat at 11 PM ET that night. For a list of the cable operators and dish companies that carry HDNet, go to their website: www.hd.net and click on “subscribe.”

Go Teams!

Here is a link to the story.

It’s going to be on at 6PM in the Philly area for everyone in the Philly area.

For anyone in the South Jersey area, it will be on 6:00pm also.

On at 7pm in CT, according to Zap2it.com.
But, my cable box says 6:30pm.

6:00PM-7:00PM in Denver, CO (Channel 6)
6:00PM-7:00PM in Pueblo, CO (Channel 8)
6:00PM-7:00PM in Grand Junction, CO (Channel 18)

Its showing as a 6:30-7:30 broadcast in albany, ny.

If anyone else wants an easy way to find out what time the show airs in their area, just visit this site and enter your zip code. :cool:

This was actually one of the best news segments about FIRST that I have seen in a long time.

If anyone wants to see it, I captured it on my computer.

That was super awesome!!

Get in contact with me over AIM, I’d like to get a copy. Thanks.

I agree, it was great. Now only if we had this on all the local stations nation wide AND all major news outlets, we’d be set!

for any of you still reading this as opposed to watching, In Central Jersey it will be shown at 7…in 3 minutes :ahh: so turn on your TVs now

yay its on… but its the last segment

heres the schedule

-Immigration Law
-War in Iraq
-!!!FIRST!!!

I’m watching it right now.

i surely hope it comes up soon. all this other stuff is boring to me.

CONGRATULATIONS 159!!!

and

Congratulations team 812!!!

sweet! what a great clip and i saw me a 1126 bot with the 201 bot during thier auto mode! sahweet!

By far one of THE best pieces on FIRST I have ever seen. It definitely captured the essence of what this stuff is really all about.

Congratulations to 159 and 812 and kudos to the producers.

IF anyone is able to upload this video it would be a great tool for teams to use in their efforts to promote FIRST locally.

I was so excited, I caught the end then rewound to watch the beginning. And not only were our alliance partners in it, 177 was too! You could see our robot, and if you looked behind it, me and my brother in the driver’s station! :ahh:

I feel so famous! Plus I know the guy they interviewed who’s going to MIT, and saw a few frames of one of my classmates next year. Sweet!

This segment was amazing, and captured everything FIRST is about. It was really, really well done. Awesome work to 812 and 159. You really showed why we do this.

It’s starting in 2 minutes here! (Where 159 resides in…)
::leaves to get to TV in time::

don’t worry. you have a good 40 minutes of filler untill they show it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Someone upload it to google video or something PLEASE!!!