**FIRST EMAIL**/New Safety Animation Contest!

Greetings Teams:

In conjunction with Autodesk starting to ship this season’s software, FIRST is pleased to announce an animation contest to encourage teams to use the 3ds max 7software to develop their skills. This should be good practice for this season’s Autodesk Visualization Award submissions!

The theme of the contest is “Care Enough to Act.” Animations must focus on one of the following behaviors:
No running or horseplay
Proper lifting and transportation of robots
Always wearing safety glasses
Housekeeping and work environment
Safe tool usage practices
Proper battery charging practices
Robot energy storage and pinch points.
The animations should be 15 to 30 seconds long (submissions longer than 30 seconds will not be considered) and must conform to all the following guidelines:
Entrant must be a fully registered team participating in the 2005 FIRST Robotics Competition
Limit one (1) entry per team. Please identify each entry with the team number and name
A completed and clearly legible Entry Form and Autodesk Archive Consent and Release Authorization Form (available at the URL below) must be submitted as follows: one completed copy of each form must be mailed to FIRST by Monday, December 13, 2004 (mailing information for both forms available on the Entry Form), and one copy of each form must be uploaded on Streamline by December 15, 2005 by 12:00 noon EST.
The animation must be posted on Streamline by Wednesday, December 15, 2004 12:00 noon EST.
Important: Teams can use last year’s (3ds max 6) or this year’s (3ds max 7) software.

Submissions must be made on line at http://projectpoint.buzzsaw.com/client/FIRST. Please note you will need Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP and Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.01 or later to access the site.

The winning entry will be highlighted during the FIRST Kickoff on January 8, 2005. FIRST will also select one (1) animation from each category above to show at events during the season.

If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]. Good Luck to all!

Go Teams!

FIRST EMAIL/New Safety Animation Contest Streamline Access Username and Password

Greetings Teams:

In order to access the Streamline site, please enter the following information:

Username - (public)
Password - none required

Wow… I’m speechless.

This is the end of the regional awards! I dislike how we have less freedom in what we want to animate. They gave SPECIFIC examples, one of which we have to choose.

Not to mention, this basically means re-organizing our team. We’re going to have these animation people working on the robot this season, which is going to create an overflow of people.

We also have less time than last year to complete the animation!!

I guess we better get started… time is already short.

Please read the message carefully.

And it will be showcased at the 2005 Kickoff and played at most events!
Is that good PR or what?

(I wonder if they are giving prizes to the winners… it is a contest!) :rolleyes:

Last thought: Crash Dummies!

Oh wow. I completely missed that part! PHEW!

Sorry for the over-reaction!!

Anyone know when we actually will receive our animation packages?? :confused: We are a rookie team and have a subteam very interested in working on the animation, but we havent gotten our package and dont have access to 3DS to even learn the old version, so when we saw this award released our team was getting a little antsy. Im sure FIRST is doing their best, but it seems a little unfair to release awards that teams dont have the opportunity to submit for.

Kim, if you need a copy of version 6 we have an extra box around the site somewhere you guys can use.