FIRST Engineering hits their stride...

Well, FIRST Engineering seems to have more or less turned the corner with their flurry of answered messages on the Yahoo site.

The answers have been concise and (mostly) consistant. With 3 or 4 voices each answering questions, it must be hard to keep everyone on the same page.

At this point I don’t see any major items hanging out there yet to be answered or clarified. I think they should probably get an automatic script for answering silly questions (for example, Question: “Can I used egg whites and ground up declassified CIA documents to fuel a steam boiler my robot?” Answer: “RTR!” = Read The Rules!).

All joking aside, it has been a very difficult time for them I am sure but as the title of this message says, I think they have finally hit their stride.

Let’s get on with building our robots!

By the way, CD7 is about 5-10 lbs over weight already and we haven’t even screwed two bits of metal together yet!

So much to do, so little weight to do it all with…

I suppose we will work something out…

Joe J.

We are about two weeks into build period, and I believe people asked most of the questions anyone can possibly think of by now. I think it will be a lot of repeating questions in the future because not everyone is well informed of every answers. It will be a waste of time if we keep having the engineers answer the same question over and over again.

I guess it’s time to dig into the technical discussion and the yahoo! group, and condense whatever good stuff in there into a few threads and store them in one place. hmm… Sound familiar? :wink:

Expect something this weekend.

Oh yeah, may I safely assume that CD7 already have its 6 motors drive train designed, and ready to be put together beside its giant tripple jointed arm with a ball basket, and 3 additional arms that grab all three goals from the home zone? But come to think of it, with all those arms, CD7 won’t need to leave home zone at all.