FIRST Finale Possibilites

Thoughts on what the FIRST Finale party will be in St. Louis since FIRST seems to be keeping it a surprise:yikes: ? I’ve heard that they may have a black eyed pea’s concert:ahh: . This is a rumor that I have heard, I DON’T know if it is true so I may be lying. Let me know your thoughts.

Anyone thinking this might be spot on. At the Philly regional, Dean mentioned how Will.I.Am said at kick off we would see him again. With that, Dean sort of confirmed that we will being seeing him in Saint Louis. Now, whether or not this means a Will.I.Am or full on Black Eyed Peas concert will take place, is anyone’s guess.

That’s just my $0.02.

Cass

Dean also mentioned something about Will.I.Am doing some sort of show at St. Louis, as well, when he stopped at the Ann Arbor district. I’m not sure what this means, but it may very well mean that we’ll see a performance at the Finale.

I guess it doesn’t matter to me; in fact, if two of our fields are in the pits just to make room for a giant stage for Will.I.Am or a related act, I will be legitimately upset, if only because I couldn’t care less about those specific acts. I must also admit, though, that a show like that would be great for FRC, FTC, FLL, and FIRST in general.

Be considering the possibility of a party on Friday instead of Saturday.

We always have a party on Friday. It’s called scouting.

agreed, now we get to do musical fields twice!

Hahaha that it is! :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t just consider it… count on it…

Start figuring out what you will be doing on Saturday night…

Kind of related. The public agenda was updated today to fill the gap of Saturday night 6:30-9 with “FIRST Cafe: food and friends”

http://usfirst.org/uploadedFiles/Robotics_Programs/FRC/Events/2011/CMP_Public_Agenda_2011.pdf

What makes you say that? I hope that is not the case.

EDIT: Ok, I now see the “Plan Pending” on Friday night.

Leaving sounds like a good option.

According to the A-Z Team Guide there will be two events. Friday night looks like it is going to be a staged entertainment performance, thus confirming even more the likelihood of a BEP performance, and Saturday night will be like Finales before with games and various entertainment, but it doesn’t sound like it will be outside this year. It suggests that it will happen inside the Convention Center. Does this mean no fireworks? Are they spending all that fireworks money on the staged entertainment? I guess we will know for sure come wednesday.

From the A to Z guide.

'There are two team social events tentatively scheduled for the FIRST Championship.The first event will be held inside the Edward Jones Dome on Friday evening, April 29 at 8:30PM. The intention is for a staged entertainment performance. There will be no food service provided; however there will be concession stands open throughout the show. More details on this will be revealed at a later date.

The second event will be held on Saturday April 30; immediately following Closing Ceremonies. There will be different entertainment options, from music to karaoke to interactive entertainment, held at various locations in the America’s Center. A packaged meal will be provided upon departure from the Closing Ceremonies in the Edward Jones Dome. Wristbands will be given out at Pit administration for the packaged meal on Saturday morning, ending at 4 PM Saturday afternoon. There will be 30 wristbands provided per FRC team, and 15 per each FTC and FLL and Jr FLL team. Further details of this event will be announced at a later date. There are no tickets for this event, other than to receive your food."

So it looks like a kind of wrap party… inside – on Sat night and the stage show on Friday night. This sounds like a lot of fun… although it might go a little late on Friday night…it will be an early morning Saturday morning for teams…

Friday night entertainment vs serious scouting team meetings…hmmm, I can see a lot of kids that are part of really competitive teams missing out on the fun. And that would be a shame…

I think I’d rather see DSKB than the Blackeyed Peas on Friday night. Can you imagine if FIRST actually gave them a budget what kind of stage show they would put on?

They did that back in 2007 and it flopped because they were forced to start playing as the doors to the team party opened. This would have been all good, except Einstein hadn’t finished yet. The rush was because they couldn’t let the schedule slip (apparently the hypnotist started early and brainwashed the event staff). So, the majority of their show was for the staff manning the buffet lines and a few people that thought the team party was more important than catching the finals matches.

I was so sad when that happened. Sad for DSKB and for the people who would have had a blast interacting with DSKB, dancing, singing, or just bouncing up and down to the music, having fun.

Jane

Help me! Who is DSKB?

I think the Blue Man Group would have been some great entertainment too.

Dean Simmons and the Kamen Brothers
http://www.deansimmonsandthekamens.com/

Blue Man Group performed at the Boston regional at least once (possibly twice).

It would be neat if they were to wrap up the Talent Show as they’ve been known to do at IRI. That would be a treat.

Jane