FIRST Game Survivor: Round 16 *The Final Showdown*

This is it. It’s been 15 weeks and we’ve narrowed it down to two. Aim High and FIRST Frenzy. Get your votes it, get your friends votes in, let’s determine a Champion.

Voted off
Round 1: 2000- Co-Opertition FIRST
Round 2: 2001- Diabolical Dynamics
Round 3: 1995- Ramp n Roll
Round 4: 2007- Rack n’ Roll
Round 5: 2003- Stack Attack
Round 6: 2005- Triple Play
Round 7: 2002- Zone Zeal
Round 8: 1993- Rug Rage
Round 9: 2008- FIRST Overdrive
Round 10: 1992- Maize Craze
Round 11: 1999- Double Trouble
Round 12: 1997- Torrid Terror
Round 13: 1998- Ladder Logic
Round 14: 1994- Tower Power
Round 15: 1996- Hexagon Havoc

2006 Aim High
http://firstwiki.net/index.php/Aim_High

2004 FIRST Frenzy
http://firstwiki.net/index.php/FIRST_Frenzy:_Raising_the_Bar

When is this showdown over so we can call a winner? It usually has been between one and two weeks.

btw 2004 is better.

Looks like the showdown ends when June does.

Sweet standings so far! ::safety::

It’s closer so far than I thought, I figured 04 would run away with it. Should be a good competition though…

I voted 2006, I’ve been waiting for it to be voted off for at least 5 rounds now.

Anyone care to give impartial(reasonably so) first-hand experience of both?

I know I don’t want to vote off aim high, but if FIRST frenzy is as good as everyone says…I might consider it.

2004: herding cats that look like grapes but are really landmines, then scramble for the bar and hope the paper doesn’t have to come out to show that you aren’t up. Oh, and those big yellow balls are for doubling the score of anything underneath them. Robot can’t score the small balls directly.
2006: collect said cats, keep them from fighting, and throw them through a hoop or roll them up a small ramp. Now keep the defenders off you while doing it, and run for the bigger ramp at the last minute to try to get points.

i’m surprised that overdrive wasn’t the first game voted off. nothing but driving in circles… ><

idk, i think that '04 was a more challenging game to design a robot for

The only thing that makes me keep rooting for Aim High over FIRST Frenzy (apart from the fact that my former team has fond memories of 2006 game) is the 3 v. 3 format. I think it adds a good bit of excitement to have two more teams on the field, as well as providing a lot more incentive to build a robust robot.

I’m pretty sure that it’s because of 2001’s 4v0 format. 2000 (which should still be up there:() was mistaken for 2001, and then 2001 got the boot.

It seems that there are a lot of hot cold games, meaning some people love them and some people hate them.

I find this thread interesting because Rack 'n Roll is on top, but yet it was voted off really early in survivor. 2004 is reflected well both ways. It seems from what I’ve heard around in conversation and on CD that 2004 is the most well liked game, I could be wrong though. I always wonder how Lunacy would have done in these survivor rounds.