FIRST Jeopardy! (5/11)

Jnadke gets yesterday’s 400 points by answering 4.

Today, we venture into the world of sports. Telling me who won the first baseball World Series will net you 200 points (and a bonus 100 if you can tell me what year it was).

1903 Winner - Boston for the AL
Loser - Pittsburgh for the NL

and it wasn’t played in 1904

sports are icky. :stuck_out_tongue:

Right team, wrong year. It was Boston who won, but they won it in 1904. Mel gets 200 points though.

*Originally posted by EddieMcD *
**Right team, wrong year. It was Boston who won, but they won it in 1904. Mel gets 200 points though. **

According to MLB.com, Mel is right. She even correctly stated that the world series was not played in 1904 (the owner of one of the teams refused to play the other team). As an aside, 1903 was best of 9, 1905 and on were best of 7.

But, I must agree with M. Krass … I’m not a sports fan at all, I had to google for that info.

Stephen

PS. Sorry for that headache :wink: I say Jnadke gets some points for keeping you on your toes :stuck_out_tongue:

*Originally posted by srawls *
**According to MLB.com, Mel is right. She even correctly stated that the world series was not played in 1904 (the owner of one of the teams refused to play the other team). As an aside, 1903 was best of 9, 1905 and on were best of 7.

But, I must agree with M. Krass … I’m not a sports fan at all, I had to google for that info.

Stephen

PS. Sorry for that headache :wink: I say Jnadke gets some points for keeping you on your toes :stuck_out_tongue: **

I have to agree …b/c I konw my baseball…
only because that is the one important thing my father taught me other than electricity…

I know my baseball too. Funny thing is, I’m staring at both a Red Sox and an MLB history book, and they both say 1904. I googled it, and found a site that agrees with Mel, and the MLB site agrees with her too. So I’m giving her the 100 points (and the lead now) unless someone else finds something to the contrary.

Oh, and 1919-1921 all were best of nine. Remember the Black Sox scandal?