FIRST Jeopardy! (6/9)

We got a quick one today. For 100 points, it’s how many NFL teams call New York home.

If you are talking about NFL, that is: What is 2?

But I imagine many college, high school, pewee, and unofficial teams call new york home as well :wink:

Stephen

Actually, Technically the answer is

What is 0?

The Giants and the Jets play at the Medowlands in New Jersey

This is the adress of the Meadowlands (The home of both the Giants and Jets):

Meadowlands Sports Complex
50 route 120
East Rutherford, NJ 07073

Therefore New York City has no professional football teams. The state of New York has the Buffalo Bills. So, based on the ambiguous and flawed question, any one of these could be answers you’re looking for.

What is 0? (If you mean the city and correctly identify the Jets and Giants as New Jersey teams.)

What is 1? (If you mean the state and correctly identify the Jets and Giants as New Jersey teams.)

What is 3? (If you mean the state and incorrectly identify the Jets and Giants as New York City teams.)

What is 2? (If you mean the city and incorrectly identify the Jets and Giants as New York City teams.)

Sorry, Ed, but this wasn’t a good question at all.

I’m gonna throw in an arena football team- the New York Dragons…

so now we have the Bills and Dragons- 2 teams…

But since the Giants and Jets do have the word ‘New York’ before their name, instead of ‘New Jersey,’ they must call new york home…

Thus, my answer would be 4 teams… It’ll be interesting to see what EddieMcD rules…

Also, many people consider soccer to be football (futbal, etc.)… so that could lead to more teams… and to more reason why this question audiably inhales. :slight_smile:

Andy B.

*Originally posted by Andy Baker *
**Also, many people consider soccer to be football (futbal, etc.)… so that could lead to more teams… and to more reason why this question audiably inhales. :slight_smile:

Andy B. **

and the pro team, the Metrostars play at the Medowlands also (In Jersey), so its still “What is 0?” if refering to NYC. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m sorry ya’ll. He very specifically said NFL. The only ambiguity was whether he meant the state or the city. BUT since he didn’t specify, if I were a judge for this Jeopardy tournament, I would rule that any NFL team in the entire state could correctly call New York its home. I’ll leave it to you sports fans to tell me how many NFL teams are in the state.

*Originally posted by gwross *
**I’m sorry ya’ll. He very specifically said NFL. The only ambiguity was whether he meant the state or the city. BUT since he didn’t specify, if I were a judge for this Jeopardy tournament, I would rule that any NFL team in the entire state could correctly call New York its home. I’ll leave it to you sports fans to tell me how many NFL teams are in the state. **

I 2nd that.

It’s offical - only NFL teams. :stuck_out_tongue:

**I’m sorry ya’ll. He very specifically said NFL. The only ambiguity was whether he meant the state or the city. BUT since he didn’t specify, if I were a judge for this Jeopardy tournament, I would rule that any NFL team in the entire state could correctly call New York its home. I’ll leave it to you sports fans to tell me how many NFL teams are in the state. **

He edited it 15 hours after the original posting, though…

Hey, if I only do one botched-up question a month, I think I’m doing pretty well. Rules are as follows (and will be written into the rules post for next month): the reason I had Brandon disable editing was so no one could post a wrong answer, then change it later and call it right. But he let me have to power to edit my post here in case of a screw-up. So I’m ruling that if there is too much vagueness to the question, or no one can understand what I mean, I will edit it, and leave the question open. I can also fairly rule that both DJ and Stephen are incorrect. Also, if I had meant NYC, I would’ve said NYC, so no cigar there. Now George did explain himself pretty well, and the only NFL team to play in New York is the Bills, so George, you did an awful lot of work for 100 points. Still, they’re yours.

I suppose this is what happens when I assume…

*Originally posted by Brandon Martus *
**He edited it 15 hours after the original posting, though… **

Ya mean I got taken in? :o I hereby retract my previous statement, and agree with the other guys that it was a terrible question. :slight_smile: (Eddie, don’t do that to me again.:wink: )

**Ya mean I got taken in? :o I hereby retract my previous statement, and agree with the other guys that it was a terrible question. :slight_smile: (Eddie, don’t do that to me again.:wink: ) **

Aww… you’re no fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, it was terrible, but at least I explained myself this time. And it was only 100 points, compared to my 500 pointer I messed up last month.