FIRST looses even more ground in the war for TV fame??

Posted by Justin.

Other on team Blue Lightning Alumni Association from RWU sponsored by FIRST-A-holics Anonymous.

Posted on 9/27/2000 7:36 AM MST

Hello All,

Just read about a new show, hoping to captitalize on the Battlebots craze I guess. Anyways the idea is that they put to people in a Junkyard and then these people have a certian amount of time to do something interesting with the parts they find I guess. The show is called Junkyardwars and a link to an article about it can be found below.

-Justin

Posted by S. Krussell.

Coach on team #349, Robahamas, from International Academy and Ford Motor Co…

Posted on 9/27/2000 9:14 AM MST

In Reply to: FIRST looses even more ground in the war for TV fame?? posted by Justin on 9/27/2000 7:36 AM MST:

Hey Justin,

JunkYard Wars has been around longer than Battlebots. It takes place in England, i think, and they come up with some amazing machines/vehicles! Way cooler than Battlebots.

I don;t think there is a need to fret over publicity for Battlebots or JunkYard Wars. Sooner or later FIRST will be known all over.

Posted by Jason Iannuzzi.

Engineer on team #11, Marauders, from Mt. Olive HS. and BASF, Rame Hart, CCM.

Posted on 9/27/2000 10:35 AM MST

In Reply to: Re: FIRST looses even more ground in the war for TV fame?? posted by S. Krussell on 9/27/2000 9:14 AM MST:

: Hey Justin,

I’d have to agree with the other comments here.

Junkyard Wars is probably the best hour of TV I’ve watched in a LONG time. Give it a chance, I guarantee you’ll love it. The show is very informative, but not in an overly-simplistic way and it happens to be a lot of fun to watch. They really know how to produce a show. FIRST should take a cue if they ever do TV again.

I still think BattleBots is garbage though. I hurts my eyes to watch.

Posted by Andrew Rudolph.

Student on team NASA KSC/Michael Krop Senior High School from Michael Krop Senior High School sponsored by NASA Kennedy Space Centre.

Posted on 9/27/2000 6:39 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: FIRST looses even more ground in the war for TV fame?? posted by S. Krussell on 9/27/2000 9:14 AM MST:

Yah Junkyard wars is filmed in the UK. It has a different name(cant remeber it at this moment) if you go to the TLC web site they have alot of info on it and a little video. This IS the best TV that is around, too bad they dont show repeats of this show, i guess they only repeat bad TV. For the show they have a special junk yard set up for the show, mosty the best stuff from local yards. Click the link below to go to the TLC website.

• Andrew

Posted by Erin.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Other on team #1, The Juggernauts, from OTC-NE and 3-Dimensional Services.

Posted on 9/27/2000 9:30 AM MST

In Reply to: FIRST looses even more ground in the war for TV fame?? posted by Justin on 9/27/2000 7:36 AM MST:

Junkyard wars have been around for awhile now.

i wouldn’t say it is taking away from FIRST media- i believe it is actually a very fun, informative show. maybe this will actually help FIRST gain more respect from the media. who knows.

i like junkyard wars, i don’t think that they take away anything from first.

-erin