FIRST on Tech TV

For those interested…

We will have a few of the Bay Area’s top FIRST students on TechTV today - Monday, March 3 - to talk about FIRST. They say it is also shown on the web. The link is:

here

I think the actual show is called “Call for Help” (don’t ask me, I don’t know what it’s typically about) anyway…

They are in the process of doing 5 segments on Dean Kamen and FIRST - this is segment 3. It airs live (only a little scary) at 12 PST for any who want to watch it, and I think it airs again Tuesday morning at 6am PST. I’d also put the EST, but FIRST people are pretty bright - I figure everyone can figure it out. :slight_smile:

There is also a link on the site to a pretty good 2 minute news story about FIRST filmed at last years Silicon Valley Regional - a number of great Bay Area teams are shown in the video.

Good luck to everyone competing in week 1 - have a great time!

Jason

Yeah, I was watching TechTV after school and it really surprised me when I saw them doing a segment about FIRST on “Call For Help”, a show that typically teaches new computer users how to use their start menu :smiley: …the segment came out pretty well…Did anybody else have a chance to see this yet?

Read closely

"This is the third part of a five-part series on inventor Dean Kamen airing this week on “Tech Live.” Tune in Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. Eastern for a close-up look at Kamen’s flagship company, DEKA. "

It’s an old article Elign. It was an old segment they re-aired on Call for Help.

“Posted December 5, 2002”

Oh duh, my bad!!!

I saw it. It was very explanitory for people who didn’t know what FIRST was about. They also managed to explain the 2001 game in under 30 seconds. Overall, I liked it.

It was also on Tech Live.

I think it comes on again later tonight.