First Related incident on ROBOTICA

ok so I don’t know how many people watch robotica on TLC but I was watching and something funny happend. The robot that won was using one of our control devices. Thats right they did I close up of his controls and it was a joystick attached to an Inovation FIRST controller. I though that was kinda cool. ok back to trying to get money

You should check out their profiles…

If you go to the website, there are many of the particapants that used to participate in FIRST. I’ve seen at least one robot with the FIRST controller system.

I dont know this for a fact…but I think a battlebots team use a Innovation FIRST controller

Can anyone confirm this?

Dunno about the controller, but the Battlebot called Reactor’s builder was on the team that won the Chairman’s award in 98, I believe it was… That struck me as cool… If any of this info is wrong feel free to correct, I’m doing this on shoddy memory…

Innovation FIRST makes a LOT of BattleBots equipment; the 24V version of their Victors are the most popular speed controllers around. The control system is getting more popular in BattleBots as well; several large teams are sponsored by Innovation FIRST and several use the Isaac 16 control system which will be required in the new BattleBots IQ competition.

The Reactor robot was built by Mr Bastoni’s kids all of whom competed in FIRST.

Dan

http://www.battlebots.com/bnc_tools.asp

The picture says it all…

And of course, more specifically (just found this site after posting the last, sorry :o )

Robotica stinks.

just my opinion

*Originally posted by Marc P. *
**And of course, more specifically (just found this site after posting the last, sorry :o )

thats what the ‘edit’ button is for :slight_smile:

doh!!

*Originally posted by D.J. Fluck *
**I dont know this for a fact…but I think a battlebots team use a Innovation FIRST controller

Can anyone confirm this? **

Toro/T-Minus are from FIRST I believe. They do use the IF tech.

Toro/T-Minus/The Matador are sponsored by Innovation FIRST

No- they dont use the FIRST controller— they use this other type cause I recall we had to get permission to use the FIRST one

points to his post above

Innovation First supplies/sponsors many teams, they have the equipment avaliable to the public… essentially beefed up FIRST controllers (24v Victor 883s rated up to 120amps, mini models of the robot controller, etc). Note the battlebots inuendo all over the site.

well yes. A lot of battlebots use the IFI controllers (some the isaac 32, which is what FIRST uses, and others the isaac 16, a smaller version that has half of everything that the isaac 32 does). Battlebots actually reccomends using the IFI controllers. IFI actually makes Victor SC’s, speed controllers designed specially for spin bots. Keep in mind that some teams do more than just 1 competition. I have seen the juggerbot (i think thats the name) team on every competition (battlebots, robotica, and robot wars)