FIRST Team Forum

Where and when is the FIRST Team Forum? Is it true that they are going to have several locations for it this year?

Well,

I have no idea on the date of fourm…usally what late summer I guess?? I have heard that this year the locations are Manchester, NH…Michigan…and either California or Texas. All will be held on the same day from what I have heard.

-Justin

Ah, I see Justin still has the “anemic” pic up :wink:

Its August 1st, the 3 locations are
-San Jose State (San Jose, CA)
-Renaissance Center, GM Headquarters (Detroit, MI)
-FIRST Headquarters (Manchester, NH)

Theyre asking for 2 adult mentors of each team to attend (thankfully they forgot about that “over 21 rule”, they made a lot of college students happy).

Though I’d love to volunteer…::cough:: are you listening, FIRST? :wink: ::cough::

The reason for the separate location for the team forum is that in the past year tons of east coast teams showed up at the Team forum and about 5 west coast teams attended…

So now FIRST are going to send three groups their people, going to the different location at the same day, so that they all get to listen to team’s opinion at the same time. This way, they won’t have basis responds after hearing from one place and go off to another and are prepared to the issues.

I really think teams should take fully advantage of this and help FIRST out by expressing your opinions and advises to improve the competition. Hopefully teams won’t be arguing too much at the team forum and slow down the whole process…

*Originally posted by Jessica Boucher *
**Ah, I see Justin still has the “anemic” pic up :wink:

Theyre asking for 2 adult mentors of each team to attend (thankfully they forgot about that “over 21 rule”, they made a lot of college students happy).

Though I’d love to volunteer…::cough:: are you listening, FIRST? :wink: ::cough:: **

Woohoo!!! I am an adult, so I guess I will be able to go IF I have a team I can represent… Hmm… any team out there with one of more of their adult memtors who can’t go to San Jose? :wink:

But I think I will just go with Jessica’s suggestion about volunteering at the event… WOOHOO!!! My first step into volunteering with FIRST

The 3 Team Forums are NH, MI (but not at the Renaissance Center, it’s at EMU) and San Jose on Wednesday, August 1st from 9am - 4pm.
I sent an email to all Main and Alternate contacts just this afternoon with details.

I hope a lot of teams will be able to make it. We’ve always had a great mix from across the US…but this way, it won’t cost teams as much if they go to their local Forum…and maybe this is good practice for remote Kick-offs???

And just to ease people’s minds…there’s never been arguing at the Forum…just good discussion…great ideas…and hopefully some great friendships solidified! I personally have always had a great time!

-Lori- :smiley:

*Originally posted by -Lori *
…and maybe this is good practice for remote Kick-offs???
Are you trying to say…Well nevermind, I’ll keep imagining…
:smiley: :rolleyes: :wink:

What is a FIRST Team Form and why might one wish to attend?

*Originally posted by Karl *
**What is a FIRST Team Form and why might one wish to attend? **

I’ve never been but heard it’s like this. It’s a thing where you voice can be heard from the people at FIRST. They ask you what you would like to see or want so they can work to make FIRST better. I think it’d be important for every team to have a represenative there because, it can only help, it can’t hurt.

*Originally posted by -Lori *
**…and maybe this is good practice for remote Kick-offs???

**

hmmmm… I may go to this years kickoff after all:D :cool:

*Originally posted by David Kelly *
**

hmmmm… I may go to this years kickoff after all:D :cool: **

I would definately put that at doubtful. Currently you have to be 21 to attend kickoff. I’ve been pushing them to change it to 18 with the additional requirement of being a mentor but FIRST hasn’t gone on with the idea yet.

Matt

*Originally posted by Karl *
**What is a FIRST Team Form and why might one wish to attend? **

The team forum is an opportunity for the teams to give feedback to FIRST about the previous season. If you go onto the FIRST website you can see minutes from the Team Forum from previous years. Just a reminder that you have to be a team mentor to go, however.

Matt

*Originally posted by Matt Leese *
**

I would definately put that at doubtful. Currently you have to be 21 to attend kickoff. I’ve been pushing them to change it to 18 with the additional requirement of being a mentor but FIRST hasn’t gone on with the idea yet.

Matt **

I went to the kickoff last year and there were no problems. 393 sent a H.S. student also. We have both sent a student and a teacher for the past 2 years We didn’t go to the party at Dean’s house, because of the 21 rule. I think it is ok as long as you don’t go to his house because of the alcohol

*Originally posted by David Kelly *
**

I went to the kickoff last year and there were no problems. 393 sent a H.S. student also. We have both sent a student and a teacher for the past 2 years We didn’t go to the party at Dean’s house, because of the 21 rule. I think it is ok as long as you don’t go to his house because of the alcohol **

Nope, it’s most definately 21 for everyone. I went in 2001. I got yelled at. In my defense, we had no one else to send and we only found out about the 21 rule about a week before kickoff.

And believe me, I’ve argued in enough about whether or not all college students should be allowed to go. They’ll never let high school students go with permission. And that rule comes from Dean himself or some I’m told.

Matt

Sigh up to go to the Team Forum at on of the three location:

California
Michigan
New Hampshire

at FIRST team forum registration

The sign up page only mention they are limiting two person per team, so I believe anyone from the team can go.

It will be a great opportunity to help FIRST improve next year’s competition, not to mention meeting the different people from different teams…

According to the information that was sent out by Ericka and Lori, only 2 people from each team can attend the Forum. Once there are two people registered from your team, then no one else can (the atuo-registering system shuts the 3rd person off).

So, check with your team leaders before registering.

The team forum is a great thing, and opening it up to 2 people per team is a nice. For the last three years, it was open to only 1 person per team.

Andy B.

I didn’t see anything one the page about age requirements. Maybe they’re allowing anyoune to attend.

*Originally posted by Ken Leung *
**Sigh up to go to the Team Forum at on of the three location:

California
Michigan
New Hampshire

at FIRST team forum registration

The sign up page only mention they are limiting two person per team, so I believe anyone from the team can go.

It will be a great opportunity to help FIRST improve next year’s competition, not to mention meeting the different people from different teams… **

Only mentors over the age of 18 are allowed to go to the team forum. Not everyone.

Matt