FIRST & Universities in ASME Publication

Posted by Vince Wilczynski.

Engineer on team #124, Whalers, from New London / Montville/ Williams School and Notheast Utilities / US Coast Guard Academy.

Posted on 9/6/2000 6:32 PM MST

The American Society of Mechanical Engineers just featured FIRST in the 9/00 issue of Mechanical Advantage - a publication for all ASME Student Members & faculty at every university in the U.S. that offers an ME degree. With lots of folks working to increase university participation, this article should help explain some of the why & how about how FIRST is used in colleges. While the web article is good, the hardcopy is even better.

Posted by Anton Abaya.

Coach on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and NASA, Mathsoft, Solidworks.

Posted on 9/6/2000 9:16 PM MST

In Reply to: FIRST & Universities in ASME Publication posted by Vince Wilczynski on 9/6/2000 6:32 PM MST:

wow this is so exciting!

everyone! party at my house…

as soon as my parents leave…

hmmm…

maybe they’ll forget i mentioned this.

hmm…

YEAH FIRST! GO ASME…their starting guide was my manual!!!

-anton

Posted by colleen.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Coach on team #246, Blue Light Special, from John D. O’Byrant High School/Boston Latin Academy and NSTAR/Boston University/UTC/Raytheon/MassPEP.

Posted on 9/7/2000 12:29 PM MST

In Reply to: FIRST & Universities in ASME Publication posted by Vince Wilczynski on 9/6/2000 6:32 PM MST:

Vince-

Thanks so much for posting this article… As a member of a college team, we can use any and every outlet to get more support from our and surrounding schools… thanks!

And I wanted to say congrats to ALL the teams and people who got featured… we’re getting FIRST out there! It’s great to see Jackie, winner of the 2000 DYF award, featured and as well the team from Northeastern University with Jim B. and my good friend from back home… Tom Sivert :slight_smile:

If we all keep working to get the word out of FIRST… pretty soon it will be all over the front pages and that will be great, regardless of what team it is… next will be TV, Prime time… slowly but surely we’ll get there… and I’m glad to see we’re one step closer with this article…

For those of you that have AOL, word on the street is that Battlebots got two prime spots on that thing that pops up every time you sign on… what about Keyword: FIRST??

Thanks again Vince -