FirstCadLibrary Updated

I’ve added 50+ pre-season models to the FirstCadLibrary as a warm up to Jan 5th. :slight_smile:

I’ve also added some things to the website to make things a little more efficient. The “What’s New” link lists all of the new models in the current FIRST season (Currently 2008) and I’ve reduced the size of each thumbnail panel so that you can see more selections at one time. I’m also deleting some old models to make room for new models. I’ll start translating these new models to other file types after the 1st of the year.

I’ll be adding more models of stuff I have lying around the shop between now and Jan 5. After kickoff, I’ll start modeling the new stuff in the kit.

Enjoy!

Thank you!

Yay! It’s been a while since I’ve poked my head around that site. Thanks so much for the excellent resource!

I must say, I -love- the part numbers on the page. Some of the older models left my head scratching, but being able to try it in CAD and then punch it into McMaster-Carr just might persuade me to CAD more this season.

Keep up the good work!

Ed, is there any way to change the category the page is in for internet browser purposes? I get the site banned at work, which is really annoying, and it’s because it’s in the category “personal” pages.

This isn’t the first time something like that has happened with a site that shouldn’t be banned, and I was just wondering if you knew anything you can do on your end to change that?

I don’t know how that categorizing feature works as far as internet filters are concerned.

::shrugs::

Anyways, keep up the great work Ed! It’s a great resource I use a lot (when I can actually see the page that is. lol)

All of the “New” files have been translated to the other file types (.sat, .stp, .igs).