"Flip" climb

If you could, could you list as many teams you know that have a level three climb where they flip the bot onto hab 3 (like 346 and 384)? I’m curious to see how many teams did a climb like this besides us

I think 604’s “Landshark” is the most noteable from California. I seem to recall 5414 having one that served them well on Galileo this year.

1 Like

we did, here is a picture.

3 Likes

4057 and 6443 both had very impressive flip climbs, and 6443 was able to occasionally get a double L3 climb by flipping once more on the platform

2 Likes

5414 flips their box pretty efficiently.

3 Likes

Aren’t they the team that leaves their bumpers on the ground as they start flipping?

Flippers from Indiana:

135 - Penn Robotics
2197 - Las Pumas
3940 - CyberTooth

I can think of 4026, 3940 and 1816 off the top of my head. Ri3d team Snow Problem did one in 3 days.

2 Likes

2543 has a flip

Team Impact, 219, had a ramp bot that allowed another robot to climb to level 3 and then they flipped themselves on. Video below.

3 Likes

107 is great at it!

3 Likes

Team 6479

my man!

294 (SoCal)
Two other teams I don’t recall right now, one of whom had it cheesecaked on, both from Ventura Regional.

6934 Scorps had a cheesecake from 4414.

Glad you posted this one instead of that other picture :sob:

1 Like

Truth.

1 Like

Yes we are https://www.instagram.com/p/BvqJ3ffFtzV/?igshid=1p4o1b1yf9w5d

We felt that our two bots were very similar, which is interesting since I don’t think we have any overlap of people, but that y’all executed better. I was almost sad when I realized there was another team with a “same, but better” bot - but I’ll use it as motivation instead. Congrats on a great year to y’all!

1 Like

1816 had an effective flip climb that worked from the very beginning.

1 Like

323 curling up.