Florida VIP Robotics Luncheon

FIRST Robotics Regional Competition: Lockheed Martin is supporting FIRST Robotics Regional Competition and seven Central Florida high school teams with a combined contribution of $20,000. Senior management will represent Lockheed Martin at the VIP Robotics luncheon on March 10, hosted by NASA/KSC and the University of Central Florida. Gov. Jeb Bush (R-FL) is the honored guest. (MFC, STS)

I 've been asked by my Lockheed Site to investigate. Is anyone here aware of what this is? Basically I think they want me to verify the details and find out Lockheed’s involvement since I am trying to start a team here in Owego. Also, if anyone one knows how to contact ether teams 665 or 1649, the only two teams from Florida sponsored by Lockheed according to the FIRST Roster, it would be much apreachated.

Basically it is a luncheon they try to have every year @ the regional to stimulate interest in the regional (it is very successful btw) and bring money to help continue funding this event. It normally is hosted by a company and is held in a certain restricted area during the robotics competition. Jeb normally spends a few hours wandering around the pits meeting all the florida teams. He used to do the same thing at the nationals in Disney. I would contact Dan Welsh out in orlando, he organizes the regional and a lot of other things with orlando teams throughout the year…ill pm you an e-mail address.

[quote=“Martinez”]
** Also, if anyone one knows how to contact ether teams 665 or 1649, the only two teams from Florida sponsored by Lockheed according to the FIRST Roster, it would be much apreachated.

Team 801 has been sponsored by Lockheed for the past 5 years. They have always been our cornerstone sponsor for our team. The reason is that most of the mentors on our team work for the Lockheed Space Ops or one of the various other Lockheed divisions out at the Cape. I can try and get you some names if you would like.

I personally have been invited to this meeting with the Mr. Bush for maybe the past 3 years, but have never been able to attend because of the schedule for matches has always interfered with the time of the Luncheon. But we always he always comes to our pit and gets a picture for Lockheed.[/quote]