Forsyth Central High School is seeking a candidate to fill the Engineering Teacher position. Specifically, they will be looking for someone to teach and hold the following responsibilities:
- Teach Foundations of Engineering and Technology
- Teach STEM Academy Foundations of Engineering
- Teach Engineering Concepts
- Coach Team OTTO (FRC 1746)
- Continue building the FTC program (FTC 22102, possibly more teams)
This is an incredible opportunity to work with a vibrant school and incredible STEM Academy. The students you’ll get to work with will blow your mind with what they’re capable of, and you’ll have access to some incredible design and fabrication resources including:
- Solidworks curriculum and license keys for students
- 2 CNC Routers, one capable of running aluminum parts
- A GCC x380 Laser cutter/engraver
- Several FDM and Resin 3D Printers
- Electronics equipment such as soldering stations, oscilloscopes, multimeters, etc.
- Tools such as a horizontal band saw, chop saw, multiple drill presses, etc.
You’ll also be responsible for coaching Team OTTO, an award winning FRC program that just recently won their division at Championship. You’ll be able to work with the following:
- A county that supports FRC and Robotics
- Initial Registration, 1/2 of District Championship registration, and x% of Championship registration paid for by Automation Direct
- Free sensors, parts, and components provided by Automation Direct
- Experienced mentor support with a great rapport with the students
- A group of highly motivated students whose design, manufacturing, programming, and analytics skill will blow you away
- Support from the STEM Academy faculty and staff
- A booster club dedicated to raising funds and making the team as affordable as possible to its students
- A team culture driven to win and inspire others
For personal reasons, I’m having to step away from this amazing program and continue my career elsewhere, but this is an amazing opportunity for any motivated individual with an interest in education or an experienced educator who wants to take the reins of a world-class program.
While the requirements state that you must hold a valid teaching license in the state of Georgia, Forsyth County offers a Teacher Academy that puts anyone with a college degree and experience on a track to get a teaching certification (that’s how I was able to take the role without having a teaching license).
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to email me: [email protected] or DM me here on ChiefDelphi. Please feel free to share this post to anyone who may be interested.