Frank's Blog: FRC Team Advocate Introduction

FRC Team Advocate Introduction
Blog Date:
Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 09:30

Today’s blog comes from Jamee Luce, the new FRC Team Advocate.

What happens after you take the Red Pill?

It’s pretty much just like The Matrix…well, FIRST doesn’t run on the energy from humans plugged into a big generator, but you get the idea. And I haven’t been to see the Oracle yet, but I know my chance is coming. Maybe I am getting ahead of myself.

As the FRC Team Advocate, I will be working with the Engineering Team on the 1st floor, as well as FIRST management. I work closely with Kate Pilotte and Jonathan Bryant on the Kit of Parts team. I am the Social Media and Website Content person for FRC. But the best part is that I will represent the perspective of the teams here at FIRST HQ.

Who am I? I was born and raised in Maine, and I got my degree in Math from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. I have been involved in FIRST since 2008, as the lead mentor of FRC Team 2648: Infinite Loop from Oakland, ME, as well as lead mentor for our FLL Teams at our middle school. I have also been the Co-Chair of the Pine Tree District Event since 2013, and I was the Regional Director for Maine for the last 2.5 years.

One of the most important aspects of my job is to listen and represent the teams here at HQ, so if you have a suggestion or just want to provide your perspective of a recent victory you had with you team, don’t be afraid to reach out to me at FRCTeamAdvocate@usfirst.org. I look forward to seeing you all out in the field!

How awesome!
I’ve had the pleasure of competing with 2648 at multiple events, and as a whole their team really “gets it”. They consistently build regional contenders, even once being an alliance captain at IRI in 2013.

Congrats, Jamee, and work hard to let our voice be heard!

Jamee is basically the best. Congratulations!

This makes me happy. #MathiesUnite

https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/purity.png](https://xkcd.com/435/)

Seems like a great role for Jamee!!

But does this mean Jamee is no longer living in Maine mentoring 2648?!?! :open_mouth: :’(

Math is just applied logic. :wink:

Which, if you want to stretch things, is all applied neuroscience.

Which is just applied astrology. :rolleyes:

Yay Jamee! Congrats on getting a cool robot job!!

Miss Luce is going to remain a mentor of 2648 however she will no longer be our head coach.

It is great to see Miss Luce pursue and attain her goal of working for First and I know she is the perfect person for the job.

Do math majors still tell the same old jokes? Like …

What kind of music do lumberjacks like?

What’s the mathematical term for the bathroom being occupied on an airplane?

nope, she will continue to be a 2648 mentor. Jamee is a master at multitasking and has endless energy…I am so proud of her!

Being sort of close to 2648 it was exciting to hear about this for Miss Luce. 2648 does amazing things for everyone, that’s ask I can say about them. If it weren’t for her I wouldn’t have learned some of the stuff I know at my first off season competition.

I’m really excited such an awesome female is in this position! Jamee has a really unique perspective on things because of her involvement with a team from a small area, her background with NE FIRST, and her background as an educator in the STEM field. It’s not every day you get that winning combo of someone who is very competent in the STEM field, but also very aware of the needs of students, mentors and teams from small areas. She’s done so many amazing things with NE FIRST, I know she will do great things for the entire FRC community!

Congrats Jamee! Can’t wait to see what amazing things you do for FRC!