FRC 2020 Infinite Recharge Reveal Reactions

So, uhh… what did you guys think? Feel free to post all of your thoughts about the new game here! The Star Wars Partnership looks awesome!

I am really excited that we are going to be shooting projectiles this year, but the field does look scarily basic and open; I hope defense isn’t going to be a huge part of this game!

1 Like

Anyone translate the aurebesh yet?

Stronghold 2: Electric Boogaloo

40 Likes

Climbing=OP

5 Likes

One of them reads “shield.” The other reads “take cells.”

Edit: corrected translation.

1 Like

Are they going to play the Wheel of Fortune music during matches?

6 Likes

So, it’s 2012 but with climbing balancing instead of driving balancing and the weird color spinner thing.

6 Likes

Where’s the coopertition shield generator?

5 Likes

Not as complex as I thought it was going to be

1 Like

I thought it said “take cells”?

Maybe. All the squiggles look alike and I may have jumped the gun.

The lazy suzan will be a pain In the but

Welcome back, auto! You’ve been missed.

6 Likes

The projectile shooting looks fun, but the wheel and the hanging part confuses me. I am also confused about how scoring will work, but it looks like we will have a very interesting build season.

3 Likes

The wheel is definitely interesting, I’m excited to see the hanging mechs people come up with, climbing is definitely OP, extra ranking points are very difficult this year.

1 Like

I like that the 2 and 3 point goals have the same target. It awards accuracy, but means that teams don’t have to make a trade off in trying to design for an easier goal or harder goal.

13 Likes

The game seems to be a mashup of 2016, 2013, 2017… FUN!!

2 Likes

I like how the field is relatively clear this year. Not the best it’s ever been, but much better than the last four years.

Especially 2017.

1 Like

Can anybody explain the function of the ‘Lazy Susan’ multi-colored wheel?

Agreed but I worry it’s going to be very challenging for spectators and scouts to determine if the power cell went into the inner or just the outer port.

1 Like