FRC 2023 Game: Charged Up

26 Likes

Haas Formula E game.

It’s a rehash of 2008’s oval with a power limiting dynamic.

38 Likes

What has charge? Electricity. What conducts electricity? Water. Water game 2023 confirmed

67 Likes

This is the season’s logo:

16 Likes

I feel kind of disappointed. The season theme and game name both are generic. What happened to interesting, in depth themes such as medieval, steampunk, or video games? Just energy? Seems like a huge lack of character.

…it’s gonna be Power Up 2, isn’t it?

31 Likes

33 Likes

Probably mostly chief as a whole hating theming

9 Likes

Everybody has been saying it is going to be a pick and place game, so based on the theme I’m guessing you will have to pick up a metal fork and place it into an outlet

90 Likes

you will have to pick up a metal fork and place it into an outlet

No that’s only after they reveal to teams that there’s three different types of game pieces

10 Likes

Yeah, if it’s another shooting game with an endgame hang that’s exactly what I’ll go do…

(Jeez people, I’ve shocked myself unplugging things plenty of times, it’s unpleasant)

35 Likes

Wondering if Haas will include something in the KOP. Hoping for one of these.

40 Likes

Definitely time for a non-ball game.

16 Likes

FIRST Energise: robots may only begin with a battery giving less than eleven volts and must scramble to (safely) steal opponent robot’s batteries and provide power to themselves. A match ends when only one robot remains active. Judges closely watch the robots and provide scores from 1-10 based on performance of stealth, ingenuity, finesse, and efficiency.
OR
FIRST Energise: Using alliance droids, planetary citizens collect and score Power Cells oh wait- To escape, alliances use power cubes to control switches and the scale oh wait

51 Likes

Sure. $200k x 3000 teams is only six hundred million dollars. They can write it off. :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

In FIRST Charged Up, Teams win matches by successfully yanking batteries out of their opponent alliance robots. Whoever commits the least G101’s wins!

32 Likes

Don’t worry, I’m sure they get an employee discount on their own products.

10 Likes

kind of disappointing name for senior year, but at least we can still hope robots don’t shoot into an upper or lower hub and then climb at the end

13 Likes

Sun game confirmed?

3 Likes

FIRST Energize - students build a robot that can deliver caffeinated drinks to mentors with high precision and speed.

50 Likes

These two images from the video really seal the deal, there is no doubt in my mind we will be having water game next year

47 Likes