FRC 225, TechFire, Presents Our 2019 Robot: Fire & Ice

FRC 225, TechFire, is proud to present our 2019 robot, Fire & Ice.

It’s been a long, rough 9.5 weeks (as we all know, everything rarely works on the first try :slight_smile: ), and we’re super excited to share our 2019 robot with everyone in the community. It might be our best one yet (we’re hopeful, anyway :grimacing:).

The FMA Discord peer pressured us to reveal our robot, so we did an impromptu live reveal with our practice robot tonight with the FMA community. It was great and we were able to be online for about 2 hours afterward engaging with everyone. I highly encourage other teams to do this–it was pretty awesome.

Here is a video of one of our practice runs from today.

Practice robot:

Below is the competition robot pre-bag. We’ve been inspired quite a bit by other teams’ hatch mechanisms throughout the season (973, 1323, 2363, etc). Thanks for being awesome :sunglasses:.

Looking Forward to competing at Springside-Chestnut Hill, Montgomery, (hopefully) FMA Champs, and (hopefully) the Detroit World Championship. Good luck to all the teams!!!

Follow TechFire 225 on Facebook here

20 Likes

Awesome robot as usual. This thing is scary fast

2 Likes

Another great robot from you guys! Best level 1-2-3 climber I’ve seen. And you always have such cool arm designs. Also love the red cargo vs blue panel mode haha Best of luck! We’ll be cheering for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Impressive robot.

1 Like

Every year I’m convinced that 225 has reached a point where they can’t go any higher, and it seems like every year I’ll be proven wrong…

Really is a great bot! Can’t wait to compete with you guys at Monty!

1 Like

Looks great guys. Can’t wait to see it running this weekend.

1 Like

Are you all using 4" wheels on that hatch intake or 3"?

1 Like

3" green AM Compliant wheels. I’ll add for convenience too that the edges of the wheels are 1/8" inches apart, the plates are 1/4" polycarb and the 2 plates are spaced 1" apart.

1 Like

Are you concerned about damage to your arm considering the aggressive defense this year?

1 Like

Sweet looking robot!!! Good Luck week 3 and 4!

1 Like

100%–always concerned whenever we extend outside the frame perimeter (especially considering how bad we prepared for it in 2016). We’ve take some precautions, like the material extending out of the carriage for the arm join is 3/8" thick aluminum, the wrist joint is reinforced by 1/4" thick aluminum and the gripper is majority polycarbonate. We’ve also got at least 1 spare of everything.

2 Likes

1-1/16” apart. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok my bad :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Big congrats on the win last weekend! You guys looked great. Looking forward to watching you guys compete again this week. Best of luck :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.