FRC 2959 & FTC 12014 in Mourning

Many of you met Chris through the Wifi Pod he set up at FiM events and his help with 2959 over the last couple of years including the state championship 2 years ago. His son was also in FIRST and he had hoped that his other kids would “catch the bug” as he called it.

Unfortunately on the morning of July 4, 2017 he passed away. He left behind a wife and 6 children. I am not sure how much life insurance he had but I don’t think it was very much. He mentioned having difficulty getting enough with his heart issues. I am linking a Go Fund Me page set up for his family to help with… well to help with life.

https://www.gofundme.com/heighway-family

Chris was an avid FIRST supporter throughout the years I knew him. We hope to carry on his memory as we continue to compete as teams.

After hearing about my experience in FIRST, he drove his son 45 minutes each way every night during build season to be on the team I was on. We loved having Chris around and he will be greatly missed.

It is always a sad day to lose a fellow FIRSTer, especially one who left behind six children and a wife, and who touched so many lives.

Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.