So many gearboxes to assemble… here are two of the many we’ve been putting together.
Practice robot assembly has started.
After some additional research we found that the ‘star topology’ with which we had wired our CAN Bus is counter-indicated by CTRE.
I take the blame for this arguably bad call. Although this topology worked flawlessly first try during the off-season it is likely not worth any risk for a competition robot. I stripped out the CAN block and started soldering all of the CAN leads together.
We’re struggling with a controller- or code-related issue at the moment, which is preventing us from driving. I anticipate some progress tonight with the presence of experienced programmers, which we didn’t have last night. When we attempt to command a drive throttle the apparent command value sent to the SRXs seems to fluctuate at random.
Edit: these are the errors that we’re seeing, presumably related to some of our Talons not being properly addressed (which we know). In the past this hasn’t caused any errors like we’re seeing now. I’m sure we’ll figure it out, eventually, but it’s not optimal for our timeline.
In better news we have ostensibly finished machining on our elevator rails, are continuing to machine our elevator bearing blocks, have found a new volunteer to make our practice field elements (our normal guy has changed jobs and is no longer available), and have our last few critical orders placed.