Welcome to The Grasshoppers 2023 build thread!
As public documents get created I will post the links here. These will include OnShape, GitHub, imgur, and YouTube.
I have a few general things to talk about before the build thread really takes off on the technical material.
- We are feeling pretty good about this season. We are on #teamRev for 2023, and are going all-in on some REV staples and new products. More on these details later.
- Just one student graduated last year, so we are returning at almost-full-strength of 2022 veteran students, plus our recruiting efforts have paid off with around ten new faces. It is looking like the largest Grasshopper team in quite some time! Now we just need to keep all these kids busy…
- The kids have decided on a bit of a philosophical evolution in our team’s goals. We are going to weight learning, experimentation, and wild ideas more heavily and competitiveness less heavily than we have in the past few years. Look forward to, hopefully, more and wilder content this year!
- The Grasshoppers do not meet year-round. We do not have a super well-defined organizational structure. We play things a bit weird and chaotic most of the time, and sometimes are willing to tolerate more risk than others. Thus our example may not be the one your team wants to follow. Pick and choose what works for you from what we have to share, and remember that we do not have the optimal solution for many things.
- If there are experiments or tests that you may be interested in having us run, please make a request. I cannot promise we’ll get to it, but we will give it consideration. Bribery with pizza is strongly encouraged.
- We will have two students, @Wesley and @JWC_95, contributing more regularly to the build thread.
Good luck teams! I hope 2023 is good one for you!