This is one of those big step-change updates. A ton of things just… poof got done in rapid succession.
We got the parts from Churchill Inc AND Progressive at basically the same time. The parts from Churchill (connected by 2713/@Ty_Tremblay ) are just absolutely lovely.
We got a serious hot glue gun at the suggestion of 2767. Extremely satisfied with some test joints so far, and it is really easy to use and heats up quickly, like 20-60s to easy operating temp. It can be had from McMaster for a semi-reasonable price: McMaster-Carr
This will be used to bond inserts into CF tubing. While the tubing order is still in limbo we did get the SLS-printed (nylon) inserts that @JWC_95 and I designed.
And the Markforged printed shoulder components. The arm/tube adapter got carbon fiber inlay treatment. The slotted hex portion allows us to remove the arm without pulling the shoulder shaft.
One of our rookies has made painting his goal, and is doing a pretty respectable job of it. This is all rattle-can work.
Even a couple coats looks good on the SLS prints.
The M12 rivet pullers are getting their big workout. Turns out the end of the tail container will pop off if it gets full/pushed out with too may rivet tails.
@StephenWitwick has been hard at work assembling the gripper he designed. Lots of little assembly details, including good grip material, opening spring, and some rivets/washers/hot glue to stick everything together.
Packing on this robot is snug, but working out. Even found a decent spot for the main breaker.
Here’s a decent view of intake and electronics packaging. Obviously many things to be cleaned up…
Weight check-in with as many things as we had on-hand, plugs a battery. Looking like we might be under 80lbs at inspection weight.
Always a good idea to weigh in once a week and see where things are. Better than a nasty surprise at your first inspection!
Whew… it was a busy couple of days.