[FRC Blog] 2017 FIRSTChampLIVE

Posted on the FRC Blog, 4/18/17: https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/frc/blog/2017-FIRSTChampLIVE

2017 FIRSTChampLIVE

Written by Abbie Perry, Program Coordinator, FIRST Robotics Competition, 2017 APR 18.

Want to tune into all the action at FIRST Championship Houston and St. Louis? Watch on FIRSTChampLIVE!

FIRSTChampLIVE will feature live analysis and commentary of all six FIRST® Robotics Competition sub-divisions at each event by the people at RoboSports Network, as well as interviews with some great guests, and updates on what’s happening with FIRST® Tech Challenge, FIRST® LEGO® League and FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. If you’re a fan of FIRST and want to watch all the great action going on at the FIRST Championship, this is the place to catch it! You can watch the stream at the official [i]FIRST twitch.tv channel, on the FIRST Championship website](FIRST Championship | For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology), or right in your pit at [i]FIRST Championship Houston and FIRST Championship St. Louis!

FIRSTChampLIVE will air at the following times in Houston. All times are listed in Central Time:

• Wednesday, April 19, 6pm to 8pm
  • Thursday, April 20, 8am to 6pm
  • Friday, April 21, 8am to 7pm
  • Saturday, April 22, 8am to Noon

FIRSTChampLIVE will air at the following times in St. Louis. All times are listed in Central Time:

• Wednesday, April 26, 6pm to 8pm
  • Thursday, April 27, 8am to 6pm
  • Friday, April 28, 8am to 7pm
  • Saturday, April 29, 8am to Noon

Is there a listing of cable channels anywhere? How do we know which fields and rankings are on which QAM channels?

I have been watching First Champ Live all day.

Just came here to say… TSIMFD. Thanks so much to everyone involved in putting this together.

Really enjoying the show so far, makes it so much easier and enjoyable to watch. Thank you for doing this!

It’ll help me keep up with my team next weekend when watching the webcast from home

This is fantastic.

Second that. Really enjoying the overall show (first time I’ve watched champs from home in 14 years), but especially the pairing of Nick Lawrence and Mason Markee together. Great flow and commentary between the two of them. Also love having the curated matches.

The channels are all named in a standard format and easy to find. This is a really cool thing that we’re enjoying. How do we replicate this down to regionals?

Thanks everyone!

Do you enjoy the match and division analysis? We’re always looking to improve.

If anyone has any matches they think are must see, feel free to post them here.

The analysis is great. If this isn’t a feature already, I would love to know where you plan to jump next (maybe a graphic) so I can switch streams if need be.

The t shirt sales and interviews with sponsors seems a little forced but if that’s what it takes to run this, oh well.

Man. After being at the actual event and then reading this thread, I just unintentionally binge-watched all of the “analysis match break” portions of the Day 1 stream. You guys are absolutely killing it. I really hope to see the idea of this live coverage expanded upon for not only future championships but also future divisional district championships.

I can’t +1 this enough. I felt like I was watching professional sportscasters.

It might be fun to interact with chat or social media somehow

Please don’t give me the ability to troll chat.

You have the ability, you just lack incentive :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, we’re going to go live on Facebook at 11:45 Central with a look behind the scenes at how FIRSTChampLIVE runs! Catch it at the RoboSports Network Facebook page.

Should be a blast, and we can’t wait to show you some of the behind the scenes!

Forgot what this meant. Google search revealed it quickly.

Also watching now and I love it. Thanks. Going to be nice when my team is in St. Louis next week and I can run this all day Thursday and Friday while I am here at school.

Whoops, looks like we won’t be live! Had an issue with the internet service in here, so instead, we posted a “live to tape” video of the behind the scenes of FIRSTChampLIVE!

Check it out on our Facebook page!

We at RoboSports Network are excited for the final day of FIRSTChamp Houston! Make sure to check out the broadcast of #FIRSTChampLIVE at 9:30 AM CT for playoff coverage and match analysis.

#FIRSTChampLIVE: Twitch or The Blue Alliance

If you are interested in watching #FIRSTChampLIVE side-by-side with your favorite divisional fields, check out TBA Gameday. Thank you to our good friends at TBA for providing accurate and real time data to support the show.

The Division Alliances have been posted below as an attachment for a quick reference.

Loving it!

[Reminder for Nick and Mason: Look to the camera as much as you can.]