FRC Blog - Awards, Reveals, and Bohemian Rhapsody

http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc/blog-Awards-Reveals-Bohemian-Rhapsody

Award Deadline

Don’t forget that submissions for Chairman’s Award and Dean’s List are due Thursday, 2/19, by Noon Eastern Time. As with everything else, the best way to make sure you are on time is to plan to be early, so if something unexpected happens you can still meet the deadline. Please note, as well, the Noon deadline is Eastern Time. If you are not in the Eastern Time Zone, your deadline will be at a different time locally. See all the details on these awards in Section 6 of the FRC Admin Manual, which you can find here.

Robot Reveal Videos

My jaw has dropped to the floor so often in the last few days of looking at robot reveal videos that I’ve decided to just leave it there through the weekend to save me the trouble of picking it back up.

Some teams have clearly taken advantage of just about every possible corner of the expanded robot design space in RECYCLE RUSH. This is what we were hoping to see, and you did not disappoint. Fantastic!

Also, I think the quality of some of those reveal videos is approaching Hollywood level. When we say FIRST is “More than Robots”, this is just the kind of thing we mean.

FRC Rhapsody

You may want to check out this FRC-themed parody of Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” by our friends from Team 1448, Parsons Vikings, from Parsons, Kansas, USA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX2kR-L0w60

I think this is sublime. The original “Bohemian Rhapsody” is, of course, from Queen’s A Night at the Opera, the greatest rock album of all time.*

Frank

*As the saying goes, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Fact: A Night at the Opera is the greatest rock album of all time. Because fact.

Frank’s attempt to end ~50 years of rock album debate just made a bunch of mentors very, very angry.

Gonna have to agree with Frank and even take it one step further. Queen is the greatest rock band of all time.

Please… Motörhead’s Ace of Spades… 'Nuff said.

Freddie ain’t got nothing on Lemmy.

I’m sorry but facts are facts.

This was the first album that I bought. “I’m in love with my Car”, I mean Robot.
The greatest, well…easily in my top ten.

I like Queen…but i have to go with Led Zeppelin.

Me too, but there not gonna play “Whole Lotta Love” after the Champions are determined. :slight_smile:

Sorry Frank, but Dark Side of the Moon is the best album…

There are many teams in Minnesota that would be happy to hear “Immigrant Song” in the background after they won championships.

Queen and Led Zeppelin ARE great, but let’s face it, they both stand in the shadow of Pink Floyd.

See you on the Dark Side of the Moon

All that is now, and all that is gone, and all that’s to come, and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

May or may not be my senior quote.

I love Queen and Pink Floyd but I would have to go with AC/DC as the best rock band.

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.Where have you been?
It’s alright we know where you’ve been.What did you dream?
It’s alright we told you what to dream.So welcome to the Machine.