[FRC Blog] Celebration of Life for Woodie Flowers

Posted on the FRC Blog, 12/6/2019: https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/frc/blog/2020-woodie-flowers-celebration

Celebration of Life for Woodie Flowers

2019 DEC 06 | Written by Frank Merrick.

Woodie's Celebration of Life

On Monday, December 9, representatives from more than 30 FIRST teams from all programs will be coming to Manchester, NH, USA, as we gather in celebration of the incomparable life of Dr. Woodie Flowers.

You may watch online from 4 PM - 5 PM Eastern Time.

I hope you are able to join us for this very special event as we honor a person who truly made a difference in the world.

Frank

5 Likes

:cry: Woodie was such an inspiration to us all. I am very privileged to be able to attend the event in person to show my respect for one of the most inspirational people I know. It is now more important than ever to come together and celebrate Woodie’s life and his legacy. For us to continue to be gracious professionals as Woodie would have us do. Thank you FIRST for giving us this opportunity to learn from and honor Woodie and all he’s done.

Leaving to catch a flight to Boston now. Words can’t describe…

2 Likes

Have they announced if the Celebration will be recorded for later viewing?

It’s on Twitch, so it’ll be available as a VOD for at least two weeks.

Thanks

Just to bump this thread one more time, the stream today begins at 4pm Eastern on twitch.tv/FIRSTinspires

7 Likes

Libby, were you there? I thought maybe I saw you in the crowd.

It looked like a wonderful event. Too bad they didn’t show most of the big-screen pictures on the Twitch feed. Even when it was “Nature Pictures by Woodie and Margaret” - come on, show them!

Some touching remarks by Dean too, especially encouraging Margaret to continue to come to events and have students sign her shirt in honor of Woodie.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.